huntlines

Bison reduction project

I'm in to fill a couple freezers.  Will be like me getting an Elk tag - a big fat Not...  Hope someone on here gets to help, curios how it all goes.  

• Like 2

How does this lethal removal differ from sitting over a salt pile in one of Russ Jacoby's blind or waiting for one of his guides to call on a radio and say, hey all tag holders hall a$$ to the entrance of the park the buffalo are in the meadows outside of the park boundary.  The only difference is now the buffalo can't hide in the park.

• Like 2

Remember, 'Bless the Beasts and the Children'?

It's gonna be that stupid.

Not long ago the Guv had sharpshooter in choppers above their precious Colo R. swamp blasting hogs instead of letting hunters harvest them.

What have the feds learned? Judging by the foreseen process, not much. But hopefully no meat will be wasted.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

The only difference is now the buffalo can't hide in the park.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be the major difference -- access, i.e. shooting within the park's boundaries. 

21 hours ago, Desertguide said:

They're hybrids. Technically they're beeffalo. They have domestic cattle blood in them. 

The National Park Service isn't going to EVER allow "Bison fences" to be built in the park. Not ever. 

Actually to be considered “beeffalo they have to have 75% cattle genetics, the north rim buffalo have <1% cattle genetics.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Actually to be considered “beeffalo they have to have 75% cattle genetics, the north rim buffalo have <1% cattle genetics.

Learn something new everyday!!!

On 4/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, GreyGhost85 said:

People build fences to keep elephants contained. Don’t think it’d be that hard to keep a bison out. There are 10,000 wild horses wrecking habitat across the state that the feds will do nothing about but they’ll slaughter the few hundred bison (native species) inside the park? Nice move feds. What a joke. 

I'm in for the horse hunt. It's personal. ..

• Like 2

And the Raymond ranch is a fun hunt, not, bison aren't hard to hunt if you can trespass on where they are. Then shot them in the elbow.

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

And the Raymond ranch is a fun hunt, not, bison aren't hard to hunt if you can trespass on where they are. Then shot them in the elbow.

😁? Guess I missed this one. 

• Like 1