huntlines

Bison reduction project

7 hours ago, 654321 said:

How does this lethal removal differ from sitting over a salt pile in one of Russ Jacoby's blind or waiting for one of his guides to call on a radio and say, hey all tag holders hall a$$ to the entrance of the park the buffalo are in the meadows outside of the park boundary.  The only difference is now the buffalo can't hide in the park.

One is a hunt where you get to take possession of the animal.  The other is just killing an animal and walking away.  Big difference atleast for me.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

One is a hunt where you get to take possession of the animal.  The other is just killing an animal and walking away.  Big difference atleast for me.  

Grand Canyon National Park will transfer bison carcasses to Arizona Game and Fish Department at the end of each volunteer/ operation period. Arizona Game and Fish Department may distribute what they choose to skilled volunteers on the last day of their service. Skilled volunteers may share with Support Volunteers. Carcass distribution will not exceed one bison per volunteer team. Any parts not desired by volunteers will be transferred to the Tribal governments of GCNP’s 11 traditionally associated tribes.

Both serve the same purpose, population control and in both cases you end up with meat.

• Like 2

Sounds like this will be as close to a "high fence" hunt as you are going to get.  

I wouldn't give up any of my vacation time to just go wack one, without getting meat, hide, head and pictures from it.  Doubt you will be able to take pictures.

• Like 3

From reading it, you have to prove you can be a marksman with 30 cal rifle, pay for a background check and pass it, provide proof of physicality to hike in/out to remove buffalo after processing it.  Sounds like that after they narrow down to the final group, if not chosen, you lose what you paid for ie., background check and proof of your shape.    NPS will tell you which animal to kill, you have no say in the matter.  You can take up to 5 volunteers, but all has to be a hike in/out no help of motor/animal.

In essence you have to become an unpaid volunteer for NPS, basically a non paid professional shooter.

After this is all over, you will be asked to look into the light and wait for the flash, you will not remember or have any recollection of the event.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

From reading it, you have to prove you can be a marksman with 30 cal rifle, pay for a background check and pass it, provide proof of physicality to hike in/out to remove buffalo after processing it.  Sounds like that after they narrow down to the final group, if not chosen, you lose what you paid for ie., background check and proof of your shape.    NPS will tell you which animal to kill, you have no say in the matter.  You can take up to 5 volunteers, but all has to be a hike in/out no help of motor/animal.

In essence you have to become an unpaid volunteer for NPS, basically a non paid professional shooter.

After this is all over, you will be asked to look into the light and wait for the flash, you will not remember or have any recollection of the event.

Yup!!!   Count me in! ;) 

Unless you want your vehicles tires slashed I would make sure you have plenty of Biden/Harris 2020, COEXIST, Earth First and 🌈 stickers clearly visible. Probably a good idea to have a few Trump Sucks and I ❤️ Karl Marx stickers too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JSR said:

Unless you want your vehicles tires slashed I would make sure you have plenty of Biden/Harris 2020, COEXIST, Earth First and 🌈 stickers clearly visible. Probably a good idea to have a few Trump Sucks and I ❤️ Karl Marx stickers too.

And you should really drive a Subaru. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I just want someone from CWT to be selected so we can hear what a flustercuck this turns out to be. 😋

I hope its me I just wanna throw some BIG Non lead ammo at some big targets I'll admit it i'm in for the killing only nothing else. Ive had buffalo meat its not bad 10x better than elk but too lean.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001948282

might try some of these too

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001954815?pid=271125

I wanna be that guys that gets to wack m and stack m

• Like 2

got to put on the patchouli oil and the just got vaxd, but I still double mask sticker.  You can only use your EPrius to go hunting in.