huntlines

Bison reduction project

28 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I just want someone from CWT to be selected so we can hear what a flustercuck this turns out to be. 😋

It's public land...we have some good video makers on CWT.

• Like 1

I believe the NPS position not allowing pack animals is arbitrary.  The park is already trampled by bovines. If anything, NPS should be hiring a stock contractor to remove bison from the field for a multitude of reasons.  Meat quality being #1 and it's always cool to see a pack train.

56 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

I believe the NPS position not allowing pack animals is arbitrary.  The park is already trampled by bovines. If anything, NPS should be hiring a stock contractor to remove bison from the field for a multitude of reasons.  Meat quality being #1 and it's always cool to see a pack train.

It's horsesh!t.

No... I mean that literally.

They don't want horses or mules on the NP because of what they might be brining in their guts... meaning invasive weed seeds and such.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

It's horsesh!t.

No... I mean that literally.

They don't want horses or mules on the NP because of what they might be brining in their guts... meaning invasive weed seeds and such.

True in NF also. So you start the animals on a processed or certified seedless feed 2 days in advance and off you go.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, Edge said:

True in NF also. So you start the animals on a processed or certified seedless feed 2 days in advance and off you go.

That would make too much sense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSR said:

Unless you want your vehicles tires slashed I would make sure you have plenty of Biden/Harris 2020, COEXIST, Earth First and 🌈 stickers clearly visible. Probably a good idea to have a few Trump Sucks and I ❤️ Karl Marx stickers too.

Lmfao. It will be a shi. Show for sure. 

• Like 2

Your a bad man, pack a bison everyday for how many days, how many of us have five friends that would last five days for a little meat, probably 300-400lbs. The Young guys on here probably got a shot but can you take that many days off. I really hope someone on here gets the nod..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

for a little meat, probably 300-400lbs. 

I seriously doubt anyone will see that kind of poundage going to them, I think it will be minimal scraps at best.  This is has all and everything to do with the govt/NPS and nothing to do to benefit the person shooting/helpers.  As long as it looks good for politics and gets good press, then its a win for NPS.  This is the reason they have chaperons to tell you which to take and what to do.  They don't want this to be a publicity nightmare.

Do  you think the shots will be over 100 yds? No, thus the 100 yd Proof that you are a marksman test for the public.  Next, 30 cal bullet, why 30 cal, because it sounds big and scary that will take down this giant beast, we know that there are a bunch of sub 30 cals that will do great and get it done.  Background check, well its the govt/NPS, need to be a clean title on your butt.  It is a show and tell parade deal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Agreed, just saying if you got to keep a 5 yr old bull you would be splitting 300-400lbs of meat, should have clarified. There just looking for people to do all the work and take all the blame. Proceed

7 hours ago, n2horns said:

I seriously doubt anyone will see that kind of poundage going to them, I think it will be minimal scraps at best.  This is has all and everything to do with the govt/NPS and nothing to do to benefit the person shooting/helpers.  As long as it looks good for politics and gets good press, then its a win for NPS.  This is the reason they have chaperons to tell you which to take and what to do.  They don't want this to be a publicity nightmare.

Do  you think the shots will be over 100 yds? No, thus the 100 yd Proof that you are a marksman test for the public.  Next, 30 cal bullet, why 30 cal, because it sounds big and scary that will take down this giant beast, we know that there are a bunch of sub 30 cals that will do great and get it done.  Background check, well its the govt/NPS, need to be a clean title on your butt.  It is a show and tell parade deal.

Good press?? You think shooting buffalo in a NP is good press?  

Be careful around powerlines and microwaves, that tin foil is conductive. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Good press?? You think shooting buffalo in a NP is good press?  

Be careful around powerlines and microwaves, that tin foil is conductive. 

If the majority of the meat is going to native tribes and they push that angle... it will be amazing press. Better to go to natives than the bloodthirsty rednecks.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, n2horns said:

What he says imo. It's in the news on KTAR today. S.it show / train wreck. Imo

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If one of you guys gets a tag, Lemme come with and carry out some meat. You don’t need a whole bison do you 

I need “up to 1 bison”

• Thanks 1