huntlines

Bison reduction project

1 hour ago, meatviabow said:

Anyone know how many bison they're trying to remove? I saw somewhere that the number is 400. Are 12 people supposed to do that?

Yeah, 1800s type stuff 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stanley said:

No idea. 

From a 'practical' perspective, I would say; Why not?   But from a technical perspective, since they are trying hard to NOT classify this as a 'hunt', I'm thinking they may not want to distribute anything that could be seen as a trophy, so I wouldn't be surprise if they are not going to let folks keep the hides/heads.

I would think those would go to Native Tribes.

• Like 1

In for the KILL ;) Hope like heck its going to be Wack M & Stack M time.

I think I am going to stand by G&F with a sign that says PICK ME PICK ME

9 minutes ago, Delw said:

In for the KILL ;) Hope like heck its going to be Wack M & Stack M time.

I think I am going to stand by G&F with a sign that says PICK ME PICK ME

Right on..I hope you get a chance dude.

• Like 1

I just want some meat.  I have no need to shoot, if anyone gets lucky enough to get one, ill come up and help process/ pack it out.  

• Like 1

I was unaware that this was open to people outside of Arizona. It seem there are a number of mid-west people putting in for this killing event.

I meant shooting event.

18 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Just killing stuff for the heck of it eh 

You bet, next on my list is burros, homeless horses and some wolves. ya gott start somewhere, been doing yotes for 45+ years time to get into something bigger ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Delw said:

You bet, next on my list is burros, homeless horses and some wolves. ya gott start somewhere, been doing yotes for 45+ years time to get into something bigger ;)

Since you brought it up- has there every been a government sanctioned removal of burros in AZ (lethal or non)?

No hides , sculls or anything else , just meat . Not a trophy hunt..

11 minutes ago, HuntHike61 said:

Since you brought it up- has there every been a government sanctioned removal of burros in AZ (lethal or non)?

They used to be shot here and no one would give it a thought. In the 70's there was a congressman named Steiger I believe, that his opponent brought up that he shot wild burros, after that if you did shoot them, it was kept pretty quiet. Sam was quite the politician.  He got a ticket for jaywalking to the 480 club, a bar in Chandler, so he painted his own crosswalk to the bar

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HuntHike61 said:

If I recall the feds moved some at one time about 8 years ago?. the lethal one I cant honestly say Ive heard rumors but there just rumors.

back in the 50-60s they were being shot I read that in a po ackley book, he used a 17 Remington. it dropped them dead in there tracks instantly.( I believe this was PO ackely I read it in. I havent read a book in 20 years. I do have his books

I would be more excited about the burro one than the buffalo one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delw said:

I don’t think you’ve hunted since the 80s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntHike61 said:

BLM catches them every few years at the end of my driveway. They use a pen and trip wire, bait them with alfalfa.

They'll catch 35 at a time and haul their asses (couldn't resist) to the state pen for gentling and adoption.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1