huntlines

Bison reduction project

i would bet that they already had their friends picked out but had to offer to public for political reasons...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Delw said:

I know that but the news media doesnt.

dude lighten up it was just a funny

Just trying to make sure the right info is out there. It's hard to sift through everything and figure out how this is actually going to work with all the different things people are saying. Not trying to be a stickler at all. there's just a lot of stuff flying around.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hunting Machine said:

Everyone 

we all know Russ and 11 of his friends will get those tags.  

Tell us how you really feel.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hunting Machine said:

Everyone 

we all know Russ and 11 of his friends will get those tags.  

Better than some stranger from Texas 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hunting Machine said:

Don’t worry I don’t have a filter I just say it how it is. 

Saying how it is and how you see it are not always the same thing.  ;) 

That being said, yeah, I guess you never really knows what goes on behind the closed doors.....  I'll wait to see what happens prior to assuming a conspiracy is brewing though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any takers that this shiiiit show gets cancled?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hunting Machine said:

Lol. Funny stuff. I have been on here for years under another name. I forgot my login info and it had an old email. Opened a new account. I stir the pot all the time when it’s the right time. 

And what was that name bonecollector777. I know a few people in the game and fish and they never get tags, but we love conspiracy theories.

There's no advantage on any draw if your in the department.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:55 AM, zslayer said:

If one shooter is responsible for shooting multiple bison I wonder if they will supply the ammunition!   That could be a problem in this day and age.😂

I had the same question. I also read somewhere that they're trying to take out like 400 of them. 12 people. 33 bison a person? I'm definitely missing something here.

• Like 1

There going to have a few hunts and also more after the 1st batch

• Be U.S. citizens 18 years of age or older with valid photo ID
  • Have the ability to purchase and pass a background investigation and have no criminal or wildlife violations
  • Self-certify a high level of physical fitness ability
  • Have a firearm safety certification and pass a marksmanship proficiency test (3 of 5 shots in a 4-inch circle at 100 yards) 
  • Provide their own equipment, firearm, lodging, food and field dressing supplies. See firearm FAQs.
  • Be available for the entirety of one of the assigned lethal removal operational periods. Individuals may not participate in more than one: Sept. 20-24, 2021; Sept. 27-Oct 1, 2021; Oct. 18-22, 2021; Oct. 25-29, 2021
  • Meet all additional requirements listed on www.azbisonstewards.com and the NPS FAQ page.

Only 25 applicants will be selected to form the pool from which 12 qualified individuals will be chosen to become a skilled volunteer. The volunteer pool will be selected using a random lottery system and selected individuals will be contacted by the NPS by May 17, 2021. At the end of the week, volunteers may be given up to one bison in exchange for removal by AZGFD. Employees of the National Park Service or other Department of the Interior agencies and the Arizona Game and Fish Department are not eligible to apply.

Future volunteer removal operations will be announced on a later date and will require a separate volunteer application. Please note, this is not an AZGFD permit hunt or draw application, and applying or being selected for this skilled volunteer opportunity will not affect bonus points, count toward lifetime species limits, or invalidate any big game tag or application an individual may have with AZGFD.

49 minutes ago, meatviabow said:

I had the same question. I also read somewhere that they're trying to take out like 400 of them. 12 people. 33 bison a person? I'm definitely missing something here.

I had the same question.

Turns-out that each volunteer shooter will only be killing ONE bison. (Yes, I also had the same question regarding how in the heck they plan on meet their objective by only killing 12....)    I think they are looking at this initial go-around as a bit of a pilot.  If it goes as planned/hoped, more bison will be killed via this model in the future.

• Like 1