Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Firearm Stolen - Home Owner Beware

This morning at approximately 0300, a group of criminals hit my neighborhood in Gilbert, broke into my vehicle and 15 others in my neighborhood and stole mainly firearms. they stole my .38 ruger LCR with a front night sight and sticky holster if anyone sees it. Yes i know i shouldnt keep a gun in my vehicle overnight, i normally dont. 

Gilbert PD said this is happening all over the east valley recently and they are targeting trucks and suvs of anyone who “looks” like they might be a gun owner. They didnt even take cash in the vehicle, only the gun. They switch neighborhoods every few weeks so be aware  

A good reminder to keep your firearms inside at night. 

Man that sucks. Hope they find the group. Where about are you in Gilbert? I live there as well. Lindsay/Ray area. 

I always worry about this since my truck won’t fit in my driveway and I park on the street or in a parking pullout. I don’t keep anything very valuable in the truck but have been hit and pilfered before. 

Thieves suck...sorry this happened to you. 

Sorry man, that sucks. Side note, another reason to not having hunting/outdoors stickers on you vehicles.

Might almost be worth the shame of having a Biden/Harris sticker on the truck... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow! 1

11 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Sorry man, that sucks. Side note, another reason to not having hunting/outdoors stickers on you vehicles.

Might almost be worth the shame of having a Biden/Harris sticker on the truck... 

I almost said the same thing. I generally minimize the stickers on my truck anyway but have considered getting rid of the one hunting sticker...

Another angle being used for a while is smash and grab in restaurant parking lots at high end restaurants. They smash a window and grab anything in sight so don’t leave anything of value in your vehicle. 

14 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Another angle being used for a while is smash and grab in restaurant parking lots at high end restaurants. They smash a window and grab anything in sight so don’t leave anything of value in your vehicle. 

This is especially true if you are in a city with a rental car. It happened when I was with my old company in Austin. We went to watch the college football national championship right after our plane landed and had company laptops, phones, and other items in backpacks stolen. They broke the window in the parking lot. Police said it was a common issue for them to target cars with rental tags. 

A few years ago I took all stickers off my rear window. The only sticker I have now is REVELCO on the drivers and passengers windows.

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

Bingo.  My in-laws keep giving me hunting-related stickers for my vehicles, and I keep telling them that there is no way I will ever signal to everyone that the truck belongs to someone who hunts.  I won't even put the SFWc license plates on my vehicle for the same reason.

dang that sucks. When I first moved to Gilbert, someone smashed my window within the first couple months of living there. I had nothing of value in it thankfully.

Recently someone pilfered my truck and took my Oakley's overnight. 

28 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

Bingo.  My in-laws keep giving me hunting-related stickers for my vehicles, and I keep telling them that there is no way I will ever signal to everyone that the truck belongs to someone who hunts.  I won't even put the SFWc license plates on my vehicle for the same reason.

Dang now I’m second guessing my license plate too. 

Thieves are the worst. Revelco is definitely the way to go. Got one on my truck also

• Like 1

Are you registered with www.hotgunz.com  

The police report normally gets distributed to pawn shops etc. as long as you had S/N and good description of the firearm.