Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Where my fellow Doge coin billionaires at?

12 hours ago, bigorange said:

Tacking onto Boarman’s “earning enough” comment (and I am a Ramsey zealot since I was about 20 and have taught some of his courses) one of my favorite things Dave says is that your most powerful wealth building tool is your income. If you need more money…go make more. He’s also fond of saying not to listen to most PhDs in Finance since most of them are broke! LoL

My Father in law is actually pretty good as a tax accountant and a lot of his knowledge was also very good. He should get credit where credit is due. His bedside manner, arrogance, and demeaning attitude on top of his obvious dislike for me is his problem. Like nearly every PhD I've ever met, they are supreme in their world, just ask them. His shirt sleeves are monogrammed his name and PhD (starched white shirts) and, although in Idaho, charges California rates. All of his daughters but my wife have either been divorced or never married. Nearly all marriages have their moments of decision and his long enduring attitude of non acceptance and belittling nearly pushed me over the edge a couple of times in our 37 years of marriage.

But info wise, when he's not elevating himself, he has some good info. You just have to be very, very patient. He has done well with the rentals, but sucked at other investments, better than we have by far, as he had more capital. But we have done much better than ANY of his other kids ( two boys and three other girls.

But I'm just a loser because I'm unfocused and never finished my degree. What ever! He under rates me and my kids and wife over rate me. Go figure. I guess it balances out in the end. 

I'm collecting and writing down what I feel is important for my family, budgeting, how to buy and manage rentals, etc. before my days end. I'm getting up there now, but I've lived what I've lived and know what I know when it comes to those two topics. Never filed bankruptcy, always paid my debts, handle my own evictions, have my own contract and to date, have never lost. I've never had a judgement against me and I've never lost a house, or any other asset since I started in 1993, or at any other time, ever!

Finally went on an AZ hunt last year, first time I ever put in. I've paid my dues and will never fully retire. But we are protected the best I can do and being conservative  works for us. I've shared some very personal and important information. Use it wisely. I chose to guarantee our success and I'm still learning.

Best wishes all and good luck.

• Like 2

Yep, I suppose there is still plenty of downside possible from here.  With ETH and DOG each down >70% in the past six months though, I was just curious what folks are doing with their holdings.  If confidence is there in the long run, then seems like a good time to buy. 

BTC for sure seems the most stable (for obvious reasons), and yes, I suppose possibly waiting for it to drop on par with the others could signal a good strike price to buy.

S.

I heard everything crashed today, stocks now down by 20% and cryptos by %17 since January. Houses may be next in the not so far off future. We are in for another "fun" economic roller coaster ride! Grab what's dear to you and hang on! Up down, sideways and upsidedown. Yee haw! Time to put on the big boy chonies.

Recommendation: 

Seriously tighten your budgets. Figure out what your necessities really are. 

Write down in a small notebook, for as long as you can bear it, every item you purchase and how much it cost. Then review. Was it really a necessary purchase? If not, re-evaluate how you are spending your hard earned money. Save as much as you can, you may need it, and if not, you can invest or spend it later.

Best wishes and good luck be yours in what you do in honest intentions.

• Like 4

Has anyone actually cashed out ever?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Has anyone actually cashed out ever?

Referring to crypto currency, not life, right?😇

That’s old school money-budget watchin’ right there, Russ.   My older sis taught me that when I was REALLY pinching the penny’s while in college.   Helps a lot to write it down see exactly how much of your money goes where.   👍🏻

35 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Referring to crypto currency, not life, right?😇

Russ, well maybe both the way the market has been and gas prices LOL 

I know lots of people in the BCoin, but none have ever cashed anything out.  I wonder if you even can??????  I am not knowledgeable in the coin, even though I work for a bank, im a techy.

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Russ, well maybe both the way the market has been and gas prices LOL 

I know lots of people in the BCoin, but none have ever cashed anything out.  I wonder if you even can??????  I am not knowledgeable in the coin, even though I work for a bank, im a techy.

I heard one can, but I don't know enough to make a judgement call or know how. I stay away from that I don't know and isn't very tangible. 

As good as my imagination can be at times crypto is just imaginary money and if someone decides it isn't worth imagining it has worth anymore it can just disappear as quickly as it appeared without any trace. Very discomforting to a guy like me.

2 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

I heard one can, but I don't know enough to make a judgement call or know how. I stay away from that I don't know and isn't very tangible. 

As good as my imagination can be at times crypto is just imaginary money and if someone decides it isn't worth imagining it has worth anymore it can just disappear as quickly as it appeared without any trace. Very discomforting to a guy like me.

Wait, are you talking about crypto or the US dollar here?

• Like 3

Another price update from just now.  The carnage continues.  Even I'm a little surprised how much this has dropped in under 12 hours.

The way this is going, $10-12k for BTC looks pretty certain.

Eddie

image.thumb.png.3f38cdec32e963a254aae305b06470e8.png

3 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Another price update from just now.  The carnage continues.  Even I'm a little surprised how much this has dropped in under 12 hours.

The way this is going, $10-12k for BTC looks pretty certain.

Eddie

image.thumb.png.3f38cdec32e963a254aae305b06470e8.png

Well we are in a recession and have been for a few months. The Feds will officially announce it the end of next month. Home values are already dropping partially due to the latest .75 rate increase.

A year from now the unemployment rate will be up 2 points as the economy collapses after the boom money. Privatizing Big Oil would be a start to getting the base of the economy back on track. We need to get back to $2 a gallon Diesel/Gasoline. Sacrafice one industry to save the rest.

It will take a long time to climb out of this one once the curtain falls. Boarman gets it.