Sign in to follow this  
azphil

4A Early archery

I was in 4a two,weekends in a row.  

elk look really healthy.  Last weekend ,minimal bugling.  Better this weekend.  Saw three solid day 1 shooters.  Two pushing cows.  It’s not full on by no means but looks like it’ll start earlier than usual 

saw a 340 ish which is solid for that unit.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Will K said:

Just call em in to 10 yards and you don't have to worry about missing.

The way I’ve been shooting lately this is my plan…

It's definitely wet up there, not gonna be a great year for sitting water as its all over if that's your MO.  Thank the lord for the rain, the dang bark beetles did a freaking number on the trees up there this past  year, need the trees to sap up fast !  I was amazed at how many mature Ponderosas were dead from those stupid bugs. Good luck to all of you lucky dawgs who drew this year!

i will be there the whole 2 weeks helping my wife on her hunt if she kills early i will still be there.  if you need any help at all let me know im more than happy to help.  i have been up there the last 2 weekends looking at bulls.  5202377827  kyle

shoot me a message or call if you need help or somewhere to camp or anything

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kyle44k said:

i will be there the whole 2 weeks helping my wife on her hunt if she kills early i will still be there.  if you need any help at all let me know im more than happy to help.  i have been up there the last 2 weekends looking at bulls.  5202377827  kyle

shoot me a message or call if you need help or somewhere to camp or anything

How are the bulls looking in that area? I have a 5a early archery bull tag. I will be up there the whole season also so yall need some help let me know. 

41 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Wow, almost look like 4b bulls 

Would only take a hike down & back up and then they would be

Bulls were starting to bugle pretty good around our camp the last 4 or so days of my archery antelope hunt. Looking like there should be pretty good rut activity this year for the archery hunt. We got a pretty good rain near the end of the hunt. As others have mentioned sitting water may not be very effective this year. 

2 hours ago, 060785 said:

Here’s some 4a bulls to get you tag holders pumped up for next weekend

5E5FB018-E832-4AE7-83E2-CDED06650361.jpeg

74F48755-6613-4936-93BC-47007ADB16B1.jpeg

F4E5E286-A63E-4F7F-9DF9-C0322C7DA7EB.jpeg

F9AFB479-E71E-46EF-8B14-42CB853C04EA.jpeg

066A6655-9074-4CE1-AEC6-2B89A892D5E9.jpeg

65E35AF1-3F32-4DCA-9EED-1821A961FDB4.jpeg

Thanks for the pics. I’ve been hearing good reports but nice to see some pics. Do you have a tag?

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

Thanks for the pics. I’ve been hearing good reports but nice to see some pics. Do you have a tag?

No tag here, was just playing with cams. I was up there this past week and they were bugling all night til 730ish. 

Much better bulls than what I am viewing in unit 27. Didn't fill out as good on top. Seems the rains came too late for an exceptional horn growth year.

• Wow! 1