Sign in to follow this  
azphil

4A Early archery

Anybody else draw this tag? I'm solo this year after my hunt buddy moved to Washington.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, REDTOOTER said:

I also will be there. Hopefully some of those monsters in 4b will wonder over for us. 😁

No monster bulls this year

On 5/6/2021 at 2:41 PM, azphil said:

Anybody else draw this tag? I'm solo this year after my hunt buddy moved to Washington.

I will be in 5A to the west of u. If u have any luck and need help packing out just let me know. I will be there the for the whole early archery season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, REDTOOTER said:

I also will be there. Hopefully some of those monsters in 4b will wonder over for us. 😁

Hug that boundary and hope.

• Like 2

Its gonna be canceled, lol. I've always hunted up by chevelon butt, the canyons to th south east..

• Like 1

Okay, Who's ready?  Under two weeks until go time!

I've been shooting almost every morning for two months, and shooting good groups out to 65 yds.  (please baby Jesus help me not take a shot further than 65 yds.) 

Also, the "will I get a shot opportunity" nerves are setting in.  I haven't had a chance to scout this year but I know the unit very good and have my plan A, B , C well at hand.  I image its a swamp up there and I pray the rut is in full swing next cpl of weeks with young dumb bulls running around, cuz the first legal one inside 60 yards is a dead Elk . Good luck to you all!

• Like 5

The bulls in 5a are rutting.  The last two nights they have had bugling from 6pm throughout the night.  Last night it sounded like a full swing rut while sleeping in the trailer.  Hopefully they will be going well into the day with no moon the first week of the hunt.   

• Like 4