Sign in to follow this  
zslayer

2021 Deer Regulations Finally Out!

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

100 tags for 12AW? Seems lite. (youth)

Based on?  I'd rather see (seems lite) vs. (Seems excessive)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Based on?  I'd rather see (seems lite) vs. (Seems excessive)

Some years there's two hunts.. others 1. I remember the tag hunt being alot higher. 300+? I can't seem to find last years regs.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Some years there's two hunts.. others 1. I remember the tag hunt being alot higher. 300+? I can't seem to find last years regs.

I have 2019-20 regs saved on this tablet for whatever reason...300 tags. 

I’m glad they reversed some of the recommendations for southern desert units to go whitetail only in Jan...of course that will mean lots of non-residents like this year...

They didn't include the date to have cc updated by. They just put that they will send an announcement.  Hahahahahaha

22 hours ago, bigorange said:

I have 2019-20 regs saved on this tablet for whatever reason...300 tags. 

And i think it was double that a couple years before wasnt it? I thought there was a late and early hunt that both had 300?  

Probably a good thing for quality up there. 

I think at one point there was a 1000 first hunt, 1000 second hunt and 1000 youth antlerless up there. Or maybe it was 500 a piece on the early hunts. The anterless I remember having a 1000

I'm ALL for cutting tags and OTC hunts if needed but this year it was pretty sweeping. I worry what will happen to the bottom half of the state come Dec and Jan. The desert is already getting slammed with NR's... who don't know wtf they're doing... this will just add more. Gonna be a pain in the ars. 

• Like 1

Agree, with every action, comes a reaction.  I honestly think AGFD is far behind in their conservation.  This is going to lead to large actions ( tag reductions) instead of gradual.  Mandatory harvest data needs to be Sportsmans' main focus imo.  Without it, its guess work.  I've sent every commissioner my thoughts thru email.  I suggest everyone do the same.  We are heading for less and less hunting opportunities in the near future. 

• Like 1

12aw is getting thin according to tag numbers. Is the fence accross utah starting to have affect?