Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Willow springs camping

There is not any overnight camping at willow springs lake.  Day picnicking only.   You might be thinking of woods canyon lake which has lots of overnight camping.  When I fish willow springs lake I usually take the road to young and do dispersed camping.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Camp off of Young Road, short drive to the lake. Camp grounds suck IMO.

They have their place. As of yesterday morning if you want to have a campfire you need to be in a campground.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

They have their place. As of yesterday morning if you want to have a campfire you need to be in a campground.

I'm out, jmo. 

The NFS definitely needs to put fire restrictions in place for AZ. Sounds like they did! 

Spillway campground not far from the boat ramp is first come first serve but I agree with the Young road so much more tranquil if you find a good spot.  Good luck!

21 hours ago, twistzz said:

Spillway campground not far from the boat ramp is first come first serve but I agree with the Young road so much more tranquil if you find a good spot.  Good luck!

Just one space can't be reserved.

WTF used to be all first come times are a changin to many carbon units these days...

4 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I stopped by there yesterday and talked to the camp host, first come first serve on one side and reserved spots on the other side. Reservations made through a company based in Chicago 😡

Ugg, Chicago libs are taking over the rim lakes. ...

1 minute ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Ugg, Chicago libs are taking over the rim lakes. ...

Seems like the rope is slipping through our hands on a lot of this type of stuff! We also drove in to Black Canyon Lake to check out camping there! Quite a bit of camping sites available there besides just the campsites with a host. Just looking for a place to throw in a line and get the grand kids some time out in the woods!

• Like 1

Ya the store prices are criminal , first come first serve, bet thats a good Friday night fight, cant even get a gas pump in beautiful down town star valley.

3 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I stopped by there yesterday and talked to the camp host, first come first serve on one side and reserved spots on the other side. Reservations made through a company based in Chicago 😡

There are two websites to do it from.

How about Hawley lake great fishing and beautiful camping..

• Like 1