Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Your Counties Pros & Cons

As we inch closer to retirement, the home will go up for rent with a property management co. we're heading north, probably Yavapai or Coconino counties.

It's hopefully our last summer at  1000' elev. Looking at buying land at approximately 5500'-7000'.

To those of you whom live or frequent this elevation range, what would you list as your areas pros and cons; ie, water, wind, illegal activity, property tax, building restrictions, etc, etc?

Any realtor recommendations?

High country reality llc.   Mike Akins 

He lives and has 20 + yrs in those counties.  Out of Prescott Valley.

928 925 2983.

Website shows listing etc.

Sold my land!  Tell him Gary Hanson referred.  Super nice guy, knows that country !!

• Like 1

When looking to go higher elevation of Sierra Vista (4600) but not like Alpine or Flagstaff cold there are simply not too many options.  But if you are acclimated where you are at I bet you would probably like it here. If ever so inclined I'd be happy to give you a local tour.  I've always thought the Northside view of the huachucas is one of the prettiest ranges in AZ.  Not many have a waterfall easily visible like we do, and easy public land hunting in all 4 directions.  Even some mining here as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

When looking to go higher elevation of Sierra Vista (4600) but not like Alpine or Flagstaff cold there are simply not too many options.  But if you are acclimated where you are at I bet you would probably like it here. If ever so inclined I'd be happy to give you a local tour.  I've always thought the Northside view of the huachucas is one of the prettiest ranges in AZ.  Not many have a waterfall easily visible like we do, and easy public land hunting in all 4 directions.  Even some mining here as well.  

Thanks bro, I used to live between Sierra Vista and Hereford. Love the area.

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

Thanks bro, I used to live between Sierra Vista and Hereford. Love the area.

Bro, Looks like your limited to the same conclusions I had then.  Payson and Prescott are similar but on opposite sides of 17.  Prescott was just too far from what I wanted, although interesting. Then there is Payson, gateway to the hills and a clusterfudge.  Decided against it.  That doesn't leave too many options.  Maybe Globe or young.  Show low was our next obvious choice. 

Property is cheaper by assfork and shitligman but full metheads and tweekers that will rob you blind as soon as you leave your property for any amount of time. Pay more and get property not there. .02

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TOBY said:

Property is cheaper by assfork and shitligman but full metheads and tweekers that will rob you blind as soon as you leave your property for any amount of time. Pay more and get property not there. .02

My daughters bf is just south of Seligman. He's always running off tresspassers.

Have found some nice properties around Mayer/Dewey but aren't methheads everywhere?

We been looking chino. Wished we'd bought the 200k homes last oct cus now they are  350.

Now the 200k homes are lipstick on a pig.

Meyer Dewey has horrible water full of asenic. Most the meth heads in the area seem to have switched to drugs that kill them quicker and make them sleep more. Chino is nice but getting full. Water is going to be the key. Anywhere north of the verde river is going to be a haul your own water deal.

Alot of wells that are more than 20 years old are having to get drilled deeper lately. So if you buy in my area talk to the neighbors about their wells.

Chino and south has always had arsenic in the water and it has been in short supply for 40 years.

campe verde has bad arsenic as well. pretty natural occurrence from what i was told, water can be treated. Now the supply side is in dire straights due to poor management and unchecked growth and people just don't care. Plant a big yard and plants and put in a pool and fountain and you know the story.

• Like 1

You would be happy in Christopher creek or pine..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Explorer said:

Meyer Dewey has horrible water full of asenic. Most the meth heads in the area seem to have switched to drugs that kill them quicker and make them sleep more. Chino is nice but getting full. Water is going to be the key. Anywhere north of the verde river is going to be a haul your own water deal.

As long as our livestock is kept at manageable numbers, hauling water is no big deal. In UT I was hauling water for my home and 45 horses during summer.

Arsenic is easily removed by R O in the kitchen but needs to fall below .16ppm for the animals. I'll definitely be talking to neighbors and getting well reports.