Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Lasik in Tucson?

Who's had it done here? Who did you use? Cost? Experience? Results?

I'm seriously considering it as it's time. 

I had mine done in southern California when I was living out there so can't recommend places, but I will tell you that it was the best money I've ever spent in my life. Lasik is amazing. I would have paid double what I did for it. Good luck!

Edit: I paid something like $4k-4.5k in 2015.

• Like 1

I looked at several firms in Tucson in 2006...and was not happy with the options.

Things may have improved since then.

Had it done in Dec 2006 in PHX Barnett Delaney Perkins...it was over $3k at that time and not the cheapest option but I figured your eyeballs are not something to go econo on. 15 years later I am only wearing glasses to read at night, still see great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siwash said:

I looked at several firms in Tucson in 2006...and was not happy with the options.

Things may have improved since then.

Had it done in Dec 2006 in PHX Barnett Delaney Perkins...it was over $3k at that time and not the cheapest option but I figured your eyeballs are not something to go econo on. 15 years later I am only wearing glasses to read at night, still see great. 

$3,000 all in sounds reasonable to me.

I had it done a little over 15 years ago.   Jay Schwartz here in Scottsdale did it, and I am VERY happy with the result (Still 20/20-20/15, all these years later....).  I think it was somewhere around $3K then, but haven't checked prices lately so I don't know how that would compare.

My advice would just be the obvious;  Do some fact-finding and look at reviews for all of the eye surgeons in Tucson, and maybe here in Phx if willing to travel.  I saw go with who ever your research deems the highest rated, and spend the extra few bucks if needed as opposed to price-shopping.  Again, just stating the obvious. ;)