Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Fire Restrictions Start on Tonto, Apache Sitgreaves, Coconino, Prescott, and Kaibab

I dont see anything about firearms not being allowed on the kaibab national forest after the 14th. So it sounds like you can still Turkey hunt which is good.

5 minutes ago, AZ11 said:

I dont see anything about firearms not being allowed on the kaibab national forest after the 14th. So it sounds like you can still Turkey hunt which is good.

Yep, usually it's just target shooting that is limited/banned during high-alert fire restrictions.  Hunting still OK.  (Unless/until they get to the point where they actually close access to the forest, which is a whole different level of restrictions.... ;) ) 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, stanley said:

Yep, usually it's just target shooting that is limited/banned during high-alert fire restrictions.  Hunting still OK.  (Unless/until they get to the point where they actually close access to the forest, which is a whole different level of restrictions.... ;) ) 

And I’m sure that will be coming soon.

I never seen the woods so packed. Every dic$head refinanced there house and bought toyhauler s, rzr, sxs.  They r everywhere in the woods. Crazy. Gonna be a bad fire season

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Adicted said:

I never seen the woods so packed. Every dic$head refinanced there house and bought toyhauler s, rzr, sxs.  They r everywhere in the woods. Crazy. Gonna be a bad fire season

Aaaagain!

• Like 1

I agree that the woods have never been so crowded. I live right under Myrtle point 3 miles from Tonto Creek. I see groups of 10 to 15 toy haulers in one camp site. Razors ripping all over the place with very little respect actin like they are the dunes. Many of the groups will park a trailer or set up a few  tents then run tape from trees to "mark their spot". Then leave and come up with a shoot ton of buddies the next week end. All of em have to have a giant fire burning .Sadly this will be the new norm as the butt hats have all "discovered " what they feel is a new play ground after the whole virus fiasco.

I am so so glad they fire restrictions have been implemented but from past experiences there will be many who completely disregard and continue to have their fires. 

Only way to stop them is to close the forest which will happen soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoltar said:

I agree that the woods have never been so crowded. I live right under Myrtle point 3 miles from Tonto Creek. I see groups of 10 to 15 toy haulers in one camp site. Razors ripping all over the place with very little respect actin like they are the dunes. Many of the groups will park a trailer or set up a few  tents then run tape from trees to "mark their spot". Then leave and come up with a shoot ton of buddies the next week end. All of em have to have a giant fire burning .Sadly this will be the new norm as the butt hats have all "discovered " what they feel is a new play ground after the whole virus fiasco.

I am so so glad they fire restrictions have been implemented but from past experiences there will be many who completely disregard and continue to have their fires. 

Only way to stop them is to close the forest which will happen soon.

Sunday when we were checking out Black Canyon Lake.....signs posted at every camp opportunity "no fires outside of designated camp fire rings" and there it is, big old fire a burning!!!!! Just idiot!!!!!

• Wow! 1