Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Looking to buy a 14’ utility trailer

When I went through this in 2019 (pre covid) - people wanted so much for used trailers (with old tires, questionable brakes, wiring problems, leaky bearing hub seals, warped and cracked decking, etc) that I just went to Rockland and bought a new one.  IIRC I got ny new 16' 7000# dual axle with a spare tire and tool box low $3K including tax and registration.  I'd imagine prices have risen since then because prices for steel, tires, etc. are up.

The folks at Rockland Trailer are good people.  No connection here just a happy customer.

With the covid/everyone's a camper/outdoorsman now craze I'd bet the used market is even worse today.

Not sure what your budget is, but the used market is sort of crazy right now.  Good luck in your search. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JiminAZ said:

When I went through this in 2019 (pre covid) - people wanted so much for used trailers (with old tires, questionable brakes, wiring problems, leaky bearing hub seals, warped and cracked decking, etc) that I just went to Rockland and bought a new one.  IIRC I got ny new 16' 7000# dual axle with a spare tire and tool box low $3K including tax and registration.  I'd imagine prices have risen since then because prices for steel, tires, etc. are up.

The folks at Rockland Trailer are good people.  No connection here just a happy customer.

With the covid/everyone's a camper/outdoorsman now craze I'd bet the used market is even worse today.

Not sure what your budget is, but the used market is sort of crazy right now.  Good luck in your search. 

We actually bought 3 from Rockland last year. My son bought one, I liked it so much I sold mine and bought one and then a buddy did as well. Great folks to deal with and I'm super happy with the trailer. 

• Like 2

I also bought a 14 footer from Rockland trailers. Great people. I did have one issue. A weld on the spare tire cracked after a long deer season and lots of abuse on a washboard road. Took it back to them and he replaced it with a new design, put a new jack on it that I damaged, updated the pins to hold the ramp in place and put fender protectors on all at no cost to me. The only thing I asked for was the new spare tire holder but he insisted and would not allow me to pay anything. It was great deal with someone that stands behind his work and goes above and beyond. Would highly recommend them.

• Like 1