Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

ST MAXX??

Anybody using Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX tires on a half ton? I tow a lot and am generally hard on tires. I currently have Nitto Terragrappler G2. I am satisfied and got 50k out of them. I would  love to hear everyone’s experience with durability, traction and wear on the cooper’s.

Have them on a duramax and got 45k out of them. Been the overall best tire I’ve had. Worn even, great tracking, and towed a lot of heavy trailers.

We had a couple sets on 3/4 ton Dodges.  Lasted about 35k.  Not bad.  We do a lot of highway miles, but a lot of mountaintop dirt/rocky roads too.  6-8 months is about all we get out of just about any tire.

I have run multiple sets of Cooper ST MAXX tires on my 2006 F150, for an aggressive AT tire with good road and off road, it does really well.  They do well on wet, snow and havent much time on ice, just a smidge up in Flag.  I ran the ST Maxx until I just switched to the Cooper STT Pro, but the truck isnt a daily driver.  My backup/spare tires (2) are ST Maxx.  I would rotate my tires about 2,500 miles and they always stayed true.

Since about 2008 all I have run are Cooper tires on the truck.  When I wasnt hunting as much and doing more driving their AT3 did well and still did good in dirt.