Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Anyone like "Country" Music?

On 5/19/2021 at 1:25 PM, NOTAGS said:

I'll listen to any Luke Combs song.  

I’ve heard folks try to claim he’s too pop but I’m not buying it. Great sound. Luke and Whiskey Myers are 2 of my go-to playlists most days. 

4 hours ago, bigorange said:

I’ve heard folks try to claim he’s too pop but I’m not buying it. Great sound. Luke and Whiskey Myers are 2 of my go-to playlists most days. 

Luke Combs pop? NFW.  Luke Bryan, yes.

I like all kinds of music, country is one of those.  I think I like the 90s more than the modern stuff although there are some good recent songs.  I always thought it would be nice to hear dirty country music like rap and some heavy metal is.  The country music stars couldn’t bring themselves to that level because they are full of church and other morals. Still, if there were a few out there were flawed like most of the population, I think they could make a lot of money doing that.

6 hours ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

Been listening to Randall King. He has some good music 

Just down loaded a couple of this guys alums. My kind of country.  Never heard of him, thx for the insight

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Saguaro said:

I like all kinds of music, country is one of those.  I think I like the 90s more than the modern stuff although there are some good recent songs.  I always thought it would be nice to hear dirty country music like rap and some heavy metal is.  The country music stars couldn’t bring themselves to that level because they are full of church and other morals. Still, if there were a few out there were flawed like most of the population, I think they could make a lot of money doing that.

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

modern country is marketed towards age 13-39 females 

Truth

A lot of these guys I haven’t heard of or known how they sing. Every night I’ve been listening to a few songs from here. It amazingly helpful for me! Good country music usually is!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

A lot of these guys I haven’t heard of or known how they sing. Every night I’ve been listening to a few songs from here. It amazingly helpful for me! Good country music usually is!

Whiskey Myers, Taylor McCall, and Tim Montana have been good for me lately. 

• Like 1

So this may have been pointed out already, but Alan Jackson has been very vocal about the current state of "country music".  He just released a new album, "Where have you gone"  in reference to country music. IMO the whole album it is fantastic. Steel guitar, violin and Alan. Well worth a listen with a few of your favorite drinks.  

• Like 1

Brings up the question George Jones asked:

Who's Going To Fill Their Shoes?

And then The Hag:

Are The Good Times Really Over?

Dwight Yoakum:

I Sang Dixie (As He Died)

• Like 1