Huntn coues

The all out buck!

Well it all started out by flying the chute planes looking for this particular buck. When we finally located

him at this tank we made all the necessary calls for help. We all met up and devised our plan which took

ALOT of work. First we started with baiting the site and when he continued to show up on the 6 cameras

on that tank we knew we had em. We imediately put up a high fence to contain him so we could save alot

of money on fuel to cut down on our scouting expenses. Next up was placing the blind in the right spot and

setting up the generator (a couple hundread yards away of course) we ran the extention cords to the pop up

so I could have the creature comforts of home ie....A/C - TV etc.....

Opeing day was a tuffy ;) We had our six spotters positioned above the enclosure well before daylight. They all

had either radios, cell phones or flash cards in hand and their only goal was to notify me when the buck was getting

close so I could shut down the a/c and tv before he heard it (worked like a charm too I might add) Now I had to

make the shot! I drew down on him at a range of 120 yards (and yes I am very capable of shooting 3" groups at

this distance) ;) But low and behold he kept getting closer :blink: Musta been the scentlock and the cover scents I

was using. Well anyways he kept coming in and when he got to about 16 yards or so he tripped over the extention cord

and paused and thats when I let him have it with my 100grain @@@### ( Head not mentioned do to the negative

feedback I know I would hear) My Bear Instinct did its job (not Matthews) :P

Now for the recovery-

I called the truck in (with my cell phone) with the tripod seat so we could see over the high brush(cuz there is snakes out there you know) :unsure: After the recovery vehicle got thru the gate to the enclosure we made the journey of

finding this bad boy. And after several minutes we found him not 20 yards away from point of impact!

I would like to thank every one involved on this hunt! I could not have done it with out you and the phones , radios etc...

post-1-1219608911.jpg

post-1-1219608929_thumb.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Ps I could not figure out how to down size the pics so I would not eat up all of Amanda's space up :(

Freakin' Awesome Troy!!! I still haven't completed that goal yet and can't wait till I do.........that buck would have more than fulfilled my goal! Huge congrats to you on a great archery Coues! JIM>

Nice buck!! Man, I hope no one thinks you are serious with that hunt story!!

I resized the pics and reuploaded the smaller ones for you.

Congratulations on your fine buck!

Amanda

My favorite parts of the story... :lol:

They all had either radios, cell phones or flash cards in hand and their only goal was to notify me when the buck was getting close so I could shut down the a/c and tv before he heard it (worked like a charm too I might add) Now I had to

make the shot! I drew down on him at a range of 120 yards (and yes I am very capable of shooting 3" groups at

this distance) But low and behold he kept getting closer Musta been the scentlock and the cover scents I

was using. Well anyways he kept coming in and when he got to about 16 yards or so he tripped over the extetion cord

and paused and thats when I let him have it with my 100grain

Thats the best post ever Nice little buck great eaten. way to go. GET INK GOT INK 13

Congrats on the buck. I thought the "story" of the hunt was great.

Great planning and preparation on your hunt! Oh yea real nice buck.

Congratulation,

Bob

thats funny right there, great story!! sounds like you worked your butt off for him :D great job, troy!!!