yotebuster

Scheels coming to Chandler!!

went to the new Scheels in Colorado Springs and they had a 5 story tall ferris wheel inside. not to mention the fishing section was better than bass pro

• Wow! 1

The thing I really like about Scheels is they build the store to the local needs.  Sportsmans has a floor plan that is the same all across the country.  They’ve got two full rows of fly fishing and fly tying shoot here in Williston ND and the nearest trout stream is 500 miles away.  I bet you could count on one hand how many fly fishermen are in this town.  Then you try to buy some regular old terminal tackle for walleye like bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses, lindy rigs etc and they have about 2’ of one aisle for that.  Scheels has about 5-6 aisles of that as thats what people need and buy up here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

The thing I really like about Scheels is they build the store to the local needs.  Sportsmans has a floor plan that is the same all across the country.  They’ve got two full rows of fly fishing and fly tying shoot here in Williston ND and the nearest trout stream is 500 miles away.  I bet you could count on one hand how many fly fishermen are in this town.  Then you try to buy some regular old terminal tackle for walleye like bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses, lindy rigs etc and they have about 2’ of one aisle for that.  Scheels has about 5-6 aisles of that as thats what people need and buy up here. 

The cabelas had 30 goose calls and 1 quail call

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oz31p said:

The cabelas had 30 goose calls and 1 quail call

Exactly.  I can assure you the Scheels will be tailored toward western hunting and fishing.  

• Like 2

Old post but as an update, this picture was taken today:

image.png.f45732ec4b0449c0254442e3fdd0ef05.png
This is the Chandler Mall location.  Not sure how the progress is going for the other south Chander location by the REI by I-10.

• Like 1

So they are going to sell firearms in Chandler mall?

Why does it take soooooo looooong?

(I know regs and reviews, Covid, blah blah)

55 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

So they are going to sell firearms in Chandler mall?

Dicks did at Fiesta Mall. Maybe that’s what put that mall out of business. 🤣 

Drive by this almost everyday on the way to work. Took these today, they’ve torn down half the building. Long way to go

BFE1A951-4FE9-4480-A848-AAC6C8CEF275.jpeg

4AD04B1E-4A3E-4947-890C-9F20351B4220.jpeg

D2D9B8D3-E73A-4D85-BA1F-2D55370EAA8E.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom196 said:

Drive by this almost everyday on the way to work. Took these today, they’ve torn down half the building. Long way to go

BFE1A951-4FE9-4480-A848-AAC6C8CEF275.jpeg

I'd say a easy 14 to 16 months.

On 3/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Old post but as an update, this picture was taken today:

image.png.f45732ec4b0449c0254442e3fdd0ef05.png
This is the Chandler Mall location.  Not sure how the progress is going for the other south Chander location by the REI by I-10.

They may make that into a soft goods only store (clothes and workout stuff etc).  Maybe just to get their foot in the door down there.  

• Like 1