yotebuster

Scheels coming to Chandler!!

I just saw a press release on Facebook they are building a new store in Chandler.  I worked in their flagship store in Fargo ND through college.  Very well run, they invest in their employees, even part timers to make sure they know their products.  
AF34160B-FFF8-43E0-9DB6-7BE7FDC087EA.thumb.png.9061be4c9f885035c47985c6799e7af0.png

• Like 9

Are their prices typically lower than bass pro/cabelas?

now that they own Sportsmans I’ve been hoping someone would come in with lower prices like Sportsmans had. 

• Like 2

I’m from St. Cloud, MN and went to the Scheels in Crossroads Mall all the time. Love that store. Good news for SE valley dwellers like me!  My daughter and I in Scheels a long time ago....

5C72DBBC-302E-4D01-81A7-016CFDA1CC7B.png

• Like 5

I really like Scheels....have visited the Utah store a few times.  I've even been ordering reloading components from them online during the shortage.  Always reasonable prices.  Great fishing selection too.

With Sportsmans going to Bass Pro, the fact that we are getting a new alternative is fantastic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Good news, but 2023?

Man, that seems like a long time out just to build a retail store.

Eddie

You have no idea of the BS and red tape involved in doing a ground up these days. Concept review meetings, design reviews, soil testing, blah blah blah,  review after review with most cities  these days.  Its absurd. 

• Like 3

Just now, NOTAGS said:

You have no idea of the BS and red tape involved in doing a ground up these days. Concept review meetings, design reviews, soil testing, blah blah blah,  review after review with most cities  these days.  Its absurd. 

True.  Cabelas was supposed to come to Gilbert, but they couldn't get it through before Bass Pro bought them out.

Been to the Scheel's in Reno.  Huge store.  More sporting goods other than hunting/fishing as well.  

Good addition to the greater Phx area since Sportsman's got bought out by Bass Pro.  The Sportsman's by my place has been going downhill since being bought out.  

• Like 3

This just means that BassPro will buy them soon and fill the store with Redhead, Tommy Bahama and Chocolate fudge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JSR said:

This just means that BassPro will buy them soon and fill the store with Redhead, Tommy Bahama and Chocolate fudge. 

Mmmmm fudge. 

• Like 1

I was pumped today when I read this.  Scheel's is a great store by most accounts.  I have been to the ones in North Dakota quite a few times and I am impressed.  Prices seemed better than BPS, probably more on par with what Sportsman's used to be.   

It is really sad to see what has happened to Sportsman's warehouse.  

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

I bet.    I know this is probably not your average run of the mill retail store, but dang if 2023 seems like a long way out.

Eddie