yotebuster

Scheels coming to Chandler!!

Scheels is like a Cabelas and Dicks all in one but they're not dicks like cabelas and Dicks's. They have equipment for just about every sport you can think of and their hunting area is set up differently than BP/SW/Cabelas. Hoping they will have a ferris wheel like in the Kansas store and others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

You have no idea of the BS and red tape involved in doing a ground up these days. Concept review meetings, design reviews, soil testing, blah blah blah,  review after review with most cities  these days.  Its absurd. 

Then there are traffic impact studies, notifying the public for comments etc. Once the plans are done they go in for review to the city for permit then the subs have to review the plans and everyone bids to half a dozen GC's. If the building is the size of BP or Cabellas it takes 12-14 months from the time the site work beigins to Certificate of Occupancy.

• Like 1

They have great prices.  They sell ammo and guns as lost leaders in order to get you in the store so your wife buys yoga pants or you buy a Sitka jacket.  When I worked there we got everything at cost +5% and a lot of times I had to have my brother buy ammo for me as he got it cheaper as a non employee then I did with my employee discount.  We had atleast 2-3 hours a week even as part timers in producing knowledge training.  Theyd can your butt in a heartbeat if you didn’t greet a customer or paid them no attention like I see so often at bass pro and Sportsmans.   The salesmen are on commission so they can bug you sometimes more then you’d like but I guess that’s better then never getting any help.  The store is still family/employee owned out of Fargo ND.  The owner Steve Scheel was on the floor with us nearly every day.  Great company.  I learned a lot about employee management from my time there. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Then there are traffic impact studies, notifying the public for comments etc. Once the plans are done they go in for review to the city for permit then the subs have to review the plans and everyone bids to half a dozen GC's. If the building is the size of BP or Cabellas it takes 12-14 months from the time the site work beigins to Certificate of Occupancy.

Don’t overlook that steel joist lead times are >12 months right now. With more and more delays coming by the day.

this will be great, i buy from them online, now i can shop for pac boots in here in az and not feel the return shipping penalty.  I can't wait for 2023, they need to open a pop up store now and do business, maybe next to teds hotdogs?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yotebuster said:

They have great prices.  They sell ammo and guns as lost leaders in order to get you in the store so your wife buys yoga pants or you buy a Sitka jacket.  When I worked there we got everything at cost +5% and a lot of times I had to have my brother buy ammo for me as he got it cheaper as a non employee then I did with my employee discount.  We had atleast 2-3 hours a week even as part timers in producing knowledge training.  Theyd can your butt in a heartbeat if you didn’t greet a customer or paid them no attention like I see so often at bass pro and Sportsmans.   The salesmen are on commission so they can bug you sometimes more then you’d like but I guess that’s better then never getting any help.  The store is still family/employee owned out of Fargo ND.  The owner Steve Scheel was on the floor with us nearly every day.  Great company.  I learned a lot about employee management from my time there. 

Two of my biggest gripes with those stores, sales associates who know less about the products they sale then I (the consumer) do, and terrible customer service. Hope they live up to the hype. 

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

maybe next to teds hotdogs?

Higley Hotdog Shack would be better.

• Like 5

That is awesome. They need one in north or west Phoenix too. I went to the one in Minot ND many years ago and it was GREAT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Been to the Scheel's in Reno.  Huge store.  More sporting goods other than hunting/fishing as well.  

Good addition to the greater Phx area since Sportsman's got bought out by Bass Pro.  The Sportsman's by my place has been going downhill since being bought out.  

Long be fore that 

1 hour ago, Spot said:

They aren't doing a new build, they will be located at the Chandler mall where Nordstrom was located.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2021/05/19/scheels-set-to-open-first-store-in-arizona.html

Sheesh if that is the case, they need to open ASAP, dang that is too close to work, may have to take long lunches there LOL.

1 hour ago, 10Turkeys said:

Higley Hotdog Shack would be better.

OH nice call, yah, haven't been there in a while, the yellow dog house! 

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

OH nice call, yah, haven't been there in a while, the yellow dog house! 

Kraut dog heavy on the mustard.

The Bismarck store is awesome!
The cafe there has a great pastrami sandwich if you need a pick me up while loading ammo in your cart!

https://www.scheels.com/stores/north-dakota/bismarck/features/bismarck-ginnas-cafe.html

• Like 1