ctafoya

10mm suggestions

Thinking about getting a 10mm. Any recommendations? I like the glock since it's easier to carry concealed, but I really like the feel of the 1911. A buddy has the the Sig220, but that's a bit bigger then what I'm looking for. 

+1 on the Glock mine is a 20, I love the 1911 platform but top end loads in the 10mm will shorten the life considerably, cz made/makes on also

• Like 1

I have the G29 which has about a 3- 3/4" barrel and 10rd mag standard. Shooting the 10mm rounds, the grip isn't long enough without getting a pinky blister. With the 13rd mag, it's a controlable hand cannon for any guy with a standard G I Joe, Kung Fu grip.

And according to a friend of mine who watched me put several mags thru it yesterday, ".40s cycle thru her just fine even with the after market Lone Wolf springs."

I have the glock 40 MOS in 10mm. I like it alot. I am a 1911 guy, and this is my first glock. It isn't a concealed gun though with the longslide. 

Just now, Edge said:

I have the G29 which has about a 3- 3/4" barrel and 10rd mag standard. Shooting the 10mm rounds, the grip isn't long enough without getting a pinky blister. With the 13rd mag, it's a controlable hand cannon for any guy with a standard G I Joe, Kung Fu grip.

And according to a friend of mine who watched me put several mags thru it yesterday, ".40s cycle thru her just fine even with the after market Lone Wolf springs."

40 s&w ran just fine in mine. 

1 minute ago, Hoss50 said:

40 s&w ran just fine in mine. 

Shhhhhhh 😂

I carry a modded up G20, nice about Glocks is that you get 15 in magazine.  If I wasn't so into my 20 setup, I would buy the above G40 from fristcouewas80.  Other options out there, many are single stacks.

I like Underwood ammo for my carry for CCW, other wildlife and hardcast for bigger critters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

I carry a modded up G20, nice about Glocks is that you get 15 in magazine.  If I wasn't so into my 20 setup, I would buy the above G40 from fristcouewas80.  Other options out there, many are single stacks.

I like Underwood ammo for my carry for CCW, other wildlife and hardcast for bigger critters.

Just cruise by his house, maybe in his driveway? Oh crap I didn't just type that? Lord have mercy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've a S&W 1006 that is accurate and has handled the heavier loads without a problem.......

It is great to see 10mm get popular again, kinda like bourbon is hot now.

It was tough back years ago when 10mm was more a niche round.

I still reload for 10mm as its cheaper, but at least you can get both range and defensive rounds from many more makers.

One thing with 10mm is to run many rounds to ensure ALL the ammo be8ng used functions.  Some have feeding issues with flat nose or hard cast lead.