eddielasvegas

Need a New Sliding Patio Door And Looking For Recommendations...

Hello All,

Time to replace our patio door and hoping a forum member can recommend a person or company based on positive (or negative if we should avoid) experience.

Looking for info on installers as well as door manufacturers.

Please post here or PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

Eddie

We got rid of our slider and put in french patio doors. I had a friend put ours in. Unfortunately he's booked out about 6 weeks then has to go out of town for work. My FIL just had his sliding door replaced. I'll get that info for you if he still has it.

1 minute ago, DUG said:

We got rid of our slider and put in french patio doors. I had a friend put ours in. Unfortunately he's booked out about 6 weeks then has to go out of town for work. My FIL just had his sliding door replaced. I'll get that info for you if he still has it.

This is what I had planned at my old house...I hate sliders. Then we sold the house.  Current house has a slider that we just put a couch in front of and made it into a big window. 

We had a slider didnt like them, so we put in french doors style there cool but then you realize you loose lots of room had it for 20 years. just got a new slider yesterday. going to install it tonight or tomorrow night. super easy

window depot (they have a website) there on like 45th ave south side of camelback. theres also one on the east side.

they have good quality stuff, we end up going with a vinyl one as I wanted alum but they are hard to find( window place had them)

just walk up to the counter they will tell you go into the warehouse and look around then tell them pay load and leave.

Got mine installed today, what a enjoyable day NOT!

The install went fine it was the demo that sucked. Removing french patio doors that were well caulked would be easier to buy a new house. But I had Anthony to help and he had a good time and loves drillls with a wire brush on them. he got the caulking up pretty darn quick. found a twisted header above the door so put a new one of those in as well. put the new door in took all but and 2 hours including adjusting door and and locks and such. need to still put trim on it. Poor wife I made her help me put the door in  out a dozen times (A machinist should never do framing work) to get the fit just perfect which in all honesty is not needed.

but on the bright side I bought a new worm drive saw and Anthony got to do alot of cutting and measuring on the radial arm saw I used twice in 2 years.

• Like 2