Danger_Close

Kowa 664M Dual Spotter 30x + magnifiers vs 20-60

I'm in the process of setting up some TSN-664M Dual Kowa spotters. I've gotten the word that the 30x Wide is the way to go regarding eyepieces.
Has anyone ever tried the 1.6 magnifiers(would take the 30 to 48x zoom)? Compared to the 20-60 eyepieces?
Cost is irrelevant. I would assume the magnifiers weigh a bit less than the 20-60.
Any experiences or suggestions? I ask because the BTX magnifier dims the image and reduces clarity a bit.

Thanks!

Hey Danger, glad to see someone else is in the same shoes as I am, I’ve only read that the magnifiers degrade the view. I’ll be watching this thread!  What sort of mounting bracket did you use 

Gotcha, I’ve got 3 sources that I’m waiting on responses from, when I learn something I’ll let you know. Luckily there’s been a few guys sharing a bit of info with me.

I wish I had one of each to field test... maybe I'll but one of each and return the one I don't like and post a review. I feel like the Magnifiers might be the better option, as they would take the 30x to 48x, and I've read that the 20x-60x zoom eyepiece only really works out to about 45-50x anyhow.

I was told those extenders are not very clear and a lil dark too so I thought about getting just one of the 20-60 eye pieces to put on one 1/2 so I’d still have a spotter to zoom in ….

Id definitely go with the 30x wide angle. Trying to glass with 2 of 20-60s will be like trying to line up 2 straws to look through.