codyhuntsaz

Colorado Draw Results

34 minutes ago, cohntr6 said:

How did the hunts go Cody and oilcan?

It was… Underwhelming. We saw several does daily, but not many bucks. I shot the biggest buck we saw in the first four days. We got into some better bucks later and my buddy shot the biggest buck we saw on the trip.

DFF737D6-5BF8-41EA-919D-7DE2A13F97F7.jpeg

57476255-8EE0-4783-AF39-A76A80530DCC.jpeg

215EB45F-32D8-4ACB-82F5-64AC3AD9F56D.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for the pictures! Were the bucks getting rutty during your hunt?

How many points did you use?

Thanks!

Jeff

37 minutes ago, cohntr6 said:

Thanks for the pictures! Were the bucks getting rutty during your hunt?

How many points did you use?

Thanks!

Jeff

Not even close, we killed early November. We used 6 points. Could have drawn it with 3 though. 

Thanks for the info Cody. When I lived in Fort Collins it seemed like bucks were getting rutty in mid November. My ex wife killed jumbo buck just outside of town on 3rd rifle that I have 8 points and would prefer a 3rd or 4th rifle tag. Crazy how the point requirement jumps 2 or 3 fold for the later tags.

Might look at unit 40.

Jeff

1 hour ago, cohntr6 said:

Thanks for the info Cody. When I lived in Fort Collins it seemed like bucks were getting rutty in mid November. My ex wife killed jumbo buck just outside of town on 3rd rifle that I have 8 points and would prefer a 3rd or 4th rifle tag. Crazy how the point requirement jumps 2 or 3 fold for the later tags.

Might look at unit 40.

Jeff

I think we were there about 3 weeks early for the rut. We burned our points because they moved up the hunt dates and we were worried they would slaughter the older age class bucks and we would be stuck holding points. We have started building again. Any advice for antelope? Up to 7 points for them. Would like something 75” plus. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:23 PM, codyhuntsaz said:

I think we were there about 3 weeks early for the rut. We burned our points because they moved up the hunt dates and we were worried they would slaughter the older age class bucks and we would be stuck holding points. We have started building again. Any advice for antelope? Up to 7 points for them. Would like something 75” plus. 

Wyoming, or a Muzzleloader tag in Colorado, if that’s where you’re set on going.

1 minute ago, Gringo said:

Wyoming, or a Muzzleloader tag in Colorado, if that’s where you’re set on going.

I have 7 points in both Wyoming and Colorado. I know that’s not a bunch, but building. 

You can have a great hunt in Wyoming.   Happy to help with some suggestions if you’re looking to burn them. I burned 6 points a couple of years ago, and had one of the funnest hunts I’ve ever had.  I love Wyoming

FD47CD53-BAFE-4614-B180-2F2E0252EC80.jpeg