Phil Beavers

Lion or Large Bobcat

Thanks fellas. I agree because I immediately thought large bobcat, but all the "Karens" in the neighborhood want to start claiming its a lion and man they swear they are experts lol. I told them I would post this pic for the fellow predator hunters/trappers opinion since they see these things all the time.

I saved the picture and blew it up. Pretty sure by the tail its a lion.

2 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

The slant of the eyes is another indication, i.e. bobcat

Sorry ..... sarcasm 

No jokes aloud ....

• Confused 1

First immediate impression was bobcat and thats usually the right one, but the more I look at it I'm thinking lion. Solid color from back to chest and the larger shoulder hump, face is elongated with a prominent chin.

I came across this thread after doing a search about mountain lions in Goodyear Estrella. I couldn’t see the image that was shared. I’ve had a few bobcats in my backyard, but I’m about pretty sure the cat in my yard this week was a mountain lion (with prey). It just walked through the yard at 0615hrs, scaled the wall and went in another person’s yard. It was solid tan/rust and had a tail. I reported it to AZGFD but no one followed up. Just curious if anyone else has seen a mountain lion in Estrella. Obviously it’s a totally different type of cat to encounter. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heather said:

I came across this thread after doing a search about mountain lions in Goodyear Estrella. I couldn’t see the image that was shared. I’ve had a few bobcats in my backyard, but I’m about pretty sure the cat in my yard this week was a mountain lion (with prey). It just walked through the yard at 0615hrs, scaled the wall and went in another person’s yard. It was solid tan/rust and had a tail. I reported it to AZGFD but no one followed up. Just curious if anyone else has seen a mountain lion in Estrella. Obviously it’s a totally different type of cat to encounter. 

Did it leave any tracks?

No. Our yard is travertine and synthetic putting green. I checked.

I did, however, see some tracks at the trails at FINS the week prior that looked like possible lion tracks. I need to start taking pictures of these things.

Attached is a picture of a bobcat in my yard and the cat I saw Monday didn’t look like it / it had no markings on its coat. 

3DA43A84-28C4-41E6-94CD-0608C4A448B4.jpeg

CEE539D0-7085-44FB-95B0-922A77B610FC.jpeg

• Like 1