HuntHike61

Any Way To Filter Out Classifieds?

When I come to this site, I look at the recent/new posts window.  They are 90% someone wanting to buy or sell something.  No problem with people doing that, but I'm more interested in seeing hunting topics.  Can I filter those out so the new post window does not include them?

• Thanks 1

Nope

only way to do it is with a minor template change to the software, then it wouldn't show up when someone wants it too. gotta live with it like the rest of us shumcks ;)

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Delw said:

BTW nice freaking lope

Thanks!  Great hunt last year with my son in Wyoming.  I hunted that unit when I was a kid and was thrilled to go back....

• Like 1

Ya, its turned into a for sale site, some guys think its there sporting good store,  but some great stuff 

7 hours ago, Big Tub said:

In the advanced search, you can search all the topics you choose and leave out the classified, can't you?

Not really,

forum software has been this way for year, for example if you want to click new posts and replies you will get everything, no way to shut off certain sections.

in the v bulletin software and the UBB software we used to modify the templates so it  would not include what ever forum number you put in there. we had to do that on AZBZ years ago in forsale section. in doing do anyone that wanted to view the forsale section would have to go to that forum and look.

someone wrote a hack years ago on vbulletin to make it so the user could not get certain sections and each user could set it up how they wanted to in there profile. unfortunately there was many issues with it and kept on crashing., then when there was a upgrade they would have to write different code.

the only other way to do it would be to make the forsale section like the political section on here  , basically a private forum open to anyone who requests it.

only problem is if your not logged in you will never see the forsale section or the posts

• Like 1