Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

AMC who's got it

8 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Did you give up ?

No, didn't give up.  My tact just isn't that 'speculative'.  (Though I guess ALL stock market purchases are speculative by nature.....).   I just bought low earlier in the year when it was in the toilet, and it's tucked into my portfolio with all of the other paper to just sort of sit there.  Don't plan on selling, buying, selling, buying, etc..   Don't have the time or emotional energy to chase all of that up and down.  LOL

I used to play around with stocks much more.  I realized though that simply trying to buy on the dips and sell on the peaks didn't work for me over time when the market in general continued to grow year after year.  Took-up too much brain power to try to pretend I knew more than I knew.  Sort of like several other parts of my life. lol

If I want to tend to my gambling bug, I'll sit down at the blackjack table with a $1000 in chips and feel like a winner if I can make it last for 5 hours while splitting a few eights & aces along the way!  ;) 

• Like 4

Some crazy stuff going, big dogs getting fired, banks now longer giving loans to cover shorts, shorts are no longer allowed, and so much more. 

Gonna get fun as they try and cover it all.  And of course this is only my opinion, but I think you will be real happy for holding.

I jumped ship, low 50 dollar range. Heard on 1510 this morning the big boys are seeing us poor folks making a few dollars so they jumped in to shut us down. This is not a free country.

• Like 1

All good, big boys are dropping like flies and banks are pulling there backing, we will see what happens next week. Hope you got 2 new mules.

Cool, big house, hopefully by the end of next week I can build a house, was there on Wednesday happy for you,,.

Just want to say thanks for this thread woody, I wouldn’t have made as much if you hadn’t started this. Looking like it’s resetting down to real value now. 

I was telling my mom the story of buying amc and she thought it should be heard. Short version in I have a buddy who works military contract over seas and a lot of the guys doing it have free time at home and do day trading. So he gets a lot of hints to look into and I research for us both. We never tell each other what we buy so there’s no your fault feelings. Well we were tooling along on the mules one morning in the middle of nowhere and yapping about stocks and amc came up. Just thought it was funny two hill billies riding mules and buying stocks. FYI he got me into Bit like 4 years ago before it was cool. Wish I would have kept that into this year!!!!!

So who's still holding AMC??  I still am because I'm allergic to taking capitol gains hits on my taxes.  (As mentioned, it's just going to sit there in my account for a LONG time.)  Curious if anyone else is doing anything with it???  Feeling like the run is over for the speculators on this one, but who knows.....

How about the crypto guys?  

You’ll never avoid taxes no matter what. Maybe slightly lower taxes but you’ll pay em. 
I don’t let tax rate influence investing especially on a double and triple your money stock. 

Just like death, I’m of course we’ll aware I won’t avoid the taxes. 😉  Your second sentence sums it up for me, though. I’ll hope to push any realized gains out a few years until I’m in a more reasonable position, tax wise.  👍🏻

Still curious who’s still holding AMC and who’s dumped it.   Also wondering when the next meme stock will pop.