Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Anyone done a direct mail advertising campaign?

What was your experience?

I'm told the success rate is about 1% and I've been looking at the US Post Office tool where you can select zip codes and pick individual neighborhoods and it seems extremely affordable compared to some other modes of advertising.  Even if 1% return is true I would probably more or less break even the first month. Of course that wouldnt cover the chemicals and fuel and all that....

Should have done it way back when we were doing custom kitchens and bathrooms 

• Like 1

Craigslist skilled trades still works some for me. $5 dollars a month, but I ain't no bug murderer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Craigslist skilled trades still works some for me. $5 dollars a month, but I ain't no bug murderer.

I've used it a bunch! I remember when it was free too! Im actually planning on doing a CL add tomorow.  My neighbor works at the paper also and they do a little directory im gonna do.

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

I've used it a bunch! I remember when it was free too! Im actually planning on doing a CL add tomorow.  My neighbor works at the paper also and they do a little directory im gonna do.

Not sure about the mailer, I throw that crap away with the bills. Good luck with your venture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1% is  better than 0%. Put something together and send it. Be repetitive and not a One Shot.

• Like 2

If you’re referring to Every Door Direct Mail, it worked great for us. I even had a handful of calls that came from outside the mailing area. The recipient of the ad gave to a friend or family member who was interested in our service. 

25 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

If you’re referring to Every Door Direct Mail, it worked great for us. I even had a handful of calls that came from outside the mailing area. The recipient of the ad gave to a friend or family member who was interested in our service. 

Thanks man, yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Even has income and age demographics you can plug in. Seems like a good idea.

25 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Thanks man, yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Even has income and age demographics you can plug in. Seems like a good idea.

You bet. By the way, even if you only get 1% you probably know that the if you are fair and honest, the referrals from that 1% is exponential. We only used that service for maybe a year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

You bet. By the way, even if you only get 1% you probably know that the if you are fair and honest, the referrals from that 1% is exponential. We only used that service for maybe a year

That's funny you used the phrase fair and honest. That is literally the catchphrase my mentor in this business uses with his company.  I almost feel bad competing against him and I'm going out of my way to make sure I'm not doing anything to make it look like I'm targeting him or his company and customers. I have nothing but respect for him and his company.  

I see your new here, welcome aboard to an awesome forum. Where you from and if you don't mind me asking what do you do?

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

That's funny you used the phrase fair and honest. That is literally the catchphrase my mentor in this business uses with his company.  I almost feel bad competing against him and I'm going out of my way to make sure I'm not doing anything to make it look like I'm targeting him or his company and customers. I have nothing but respect for him and his company.  

I see your new here, welcome aboard to an awesome forum. Where you from and if you don't mind me asking what do you do?

Well kinda funny I’m not really new just new to communicating on here. Probably been lurking for 20 years or however long this site has been around. I’m a landscape contractor residing in the Benson area but do most of our work in Vail and east Tucson. Done a few in SV too

28 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

What’s the name of his company and I will give him a call?

5 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Well kinda funny I’m not really new just new to communicating on here. Probably been lurking for 20 years or however long this site has been around. I’m a landscape contractor residing in the Benson area but do most of our work in Vail and east Tucson. Done a few in SV too

Good to know, was just curious. I lurked for a long time before joining myself.

Another thing to maybe consider is a group called bni, it's basically a referal group where folks refer members when they are out and about. The nice thing is they screen members to keep the riff raff out. They actually check out every company before letting them in.  It worked great for my roofing and remodeling companies when I was a member. I think there is actually a Benson chapter in the works right now.  If you have any questions shoot me a pm. The only reason I'm not doing it for the new company is because my mentor for my current company already is in there.  Ironically I was the one that initially got him to join. His company has blown up ever since then and i couldn't be happier for them.  I've been summoned by momma so I'm signing out!

1 minute ago, wish2hunt said:

What’s the name of his company and I will give him a call?

Mule mountain pest control. Owner is Ernie, however I don't think he's got any guys up your way.  His sol used to live up in Scottsdale but he moved down here. I think they passed on all their customers to another party but I'm not sure.

18 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Mule mountain pest control. Owner is Ernie, however I don't think he's got any guys up your way.  His sol used to live up in Scottsdale but he moved down here. I think they passed on all their customers to another party but I'm not sure.

I was just giving you crap. 

• Like 1

I have.  I had success with it, but have now put my energies towards Facebook and google seo.