Sign in to follow this  
bvanetten

Saddle Donkeys

Anyone know of any Donkeys big enough to ride for sale in AZ?  Seems like they are all back east.  13 hands or bigger and the 13 hand donk would need to be stout.  

Lookin for a donkey to ride or looking to breed for a mule?

Looking for a donkey to ride.  A buddy and I adopted a couple of BLM donks for packing, they are coming along nicely.  I'm new to this whole equine thing but my buddy isn't (farrier and boarding facility).  These donkeys are quite the characters!  Very different personalities from horses.

One of the BLM donkeys ended up being prego.  This wasn't part of the plan!  She gave birth last Sunday night.  He is about 5 hours old in the picture.  Cute as can be.

Resized952001.jpg

• Like 9

I might be corrected but i think you’ll have a hard time finding a “riding” donkey. Pretty much everyone that has a big donkey (usually a Mammoth Jack) uses them pretty much strictly for making mules. If you’re not 100% sold on a donkey, you’d probably have a lot better luck riding a mule and packing the asses. 

• Like 2

My neighbor got few from Florence jail they are ok size and she ride them everywhere and they are trained to pull a cart I believe she say they are less then $500 each already trained 

Who am i?

091415.thumb.jpg.e6030d0d711237b62b383a84bcc26520.jpg

• Like 1