Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Minimalist “less is now” kill some time

Anyone else seen this show on Netflix. I’ve been going through my house getting rid of crap that for some reason I’ve held onto for 10-15 years plus. 
I came across this on Dave Ramsey’s page so since I “try” to follow his advice I thought I would watch it. And wow it’s really helped me open my eyes to let go lots of stuff. I’ll be posting more stuff for free or sale. Honestly I just need to declutter things especially in my reloding room. Hope you enjoy and report back if you watch it. There’s 2 documentary videos, the first one is a short version. 

21E30496-E66B-4244-8FE3-ED7F8163EC8D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Interesting,  we will check it out...

These guys are a bit extreme but definitely a good video. I threw away 6 trash bags of clothing just from my side of the closet. Wife went through our kitchen and tossed out 2 large Tubs of pots and pans. I’m just trying to get organized and free up space. Especially in my reloading and hunting gear. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have a hard time moving things down the road thinking that I might need them some day.  But I do like tidy spaces.  This might help me. 

When I do give something away or throw it out (giving things away is easier for me), I think "I just made my house bigger."

• Like 1

I have "stuff" I haven't used in years. I know as soon as I get rid of it a week later I'll need it. I guess we all have a little bit of hoarder in us.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It really is a better way to live.  I just moved back to my hometown after spending 15 years in the valley.  I would brag about me not having a lot of stuff.  It turned out I had way too much.  I figured out I was one of the catch all’s in the family that would hang on to things for the others.  I would end up with bedroom sets when a relative died in Tucson.  That was fine because the spare bedroom was empty and now it was set up.  Add a few more deaths, and relatives that want me to hang onto items like desks until they can come back and get it or wait until I drive across the country and drop it off.  Add the meaningless items like the hand me down artwork, pots and pans, and tools that I already have and it starts piling up.  Now that I moved into the new house, I said it’s time to start over.  I’m getting rid of all things that serve no useful purpose.  The house I bought has nice things, so I have to be careful chitcanning an oak mirror cabinet that was $1800 when new.  Those things I will try to sell.  The other positive that comes out of minimalism is what happens when you depart.  The family will like it more if they can handle your property in a weekend rather than taking a month to sort out your junk.

• Like 1

No joke, too many times, I have not used something in years.  I get rid of it, and within 2 months, need it.  Crazy.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

No joke, too many times, I have not used something in years.  I get rid of it, and within 2 months, need it.  Crazy.  

2 months? I toss something I've squirrels away for years, I need it the next day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edge said:

2 months? I toss something I've squirrels away for years, I need it the next day.

I had 4 battery powered drill sets, down to 2 now. I’ll most likely let the other one go here soon. Only need one. I agree on the tools though, I don’t see myself getting rid of those unless I have duplicates 

20 hours ago, Vowell said:

Anyone else seen this show on Netflix. I’ve been going through my house getting rid of crap that for some reason I’ve held onto for 10-15 years plus. 
I came across this on Dave Ramsey’s page so since I “try” to follow his advice I thought I would watch it. And wow it’s really helped me open my eyes to let go lots of stuff. I’ll be posting more stuff for free or sale. Honestly I just need to declutter things especially in my reloding room. Hope you enjoy and report back if you watch it. There’s 2 documentary videos, the first one is a short version. 

21E30496-E66B-4244-8FE3-ED7F8163EC8D.jpeg

I'll proactively take your G20 and all the 10mm JHP 😂🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewlyMinted said:

I'll proactively take your G20 and all the 10mm JHP 😂🤣

Stay tuned to the classifieds. 😂

Thanks Vowell I'll try to watch an episode or two although in the past I've used Ramsey's radio show to put me asleep.

Could mean big savings on therapists or marriage counselors.