Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

30-30 Accelerators

Got a box of 30-30 Accelerators. (20 in a box)

Never had a 30-30. Must've gotten them from a trade somewhere.

Looks kinda old. Let me know when you get up to New River and I'll meet ya at the Roadrunner.

Free.

7 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Got a box of 30-30 Accelerators. (20 in a box)

Never had a 30-30. Must've gotten them from a trade somewhere.

Looks kinda old. Let me know when you get up to New River and I'll meet ya at the Roadrunner.

Free.

Man I haven't seen those in years. I haven't been in the Roadrunner in about 25 years. I was with a couple of buddies hunting quail and stopped in after a morning hunt to get a cold beer. Some hot biker chick had a spat with her old man and asked if any of us shot pool. I volunteered to take one for the team and played a game with her. My buddy Jim thought we were all going to die. LOL

She just wanted to make her old man jealous.

• Like 2

Yeah accelerators are a blast from the past. My brother used to shoot 30-06 accelerators at groundhogs and claimed they shot as flat as .243 or 25-06. 

had to make sure I was remembering the right cartridge...didn’t realize they were .22 bullets in the sabot. These would be a lot of fun in a 30-30. 
https://beatricedailysun.com/sports/local/what-are-accelerator-cartridges/article_38d2edf2-5b4b-5978-94de-011c81239079.html

• Like 2

Yeah they were alot of fun, shot them in the 30-30 tc quite often. shot them in my 308 browning lever gun too. that 30-30 with those tc would destroy a jack just like a 220 swift would.

Andddd they're spoken for. 

• Like 1