Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Hyperinflation is coming...

9 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

If you had $10,000-20,000 in cash right now, what would you invest it in?

Depends on what you already have…. Food, water storage?  Commodities…. tangible items. Precious metals. Cash is trash.  I happen to love metals because gold and silver have been used as money since before Jesus walked the earth. They will always be money.  I don’t buy gold/silver for investment. It’s money or wealth insurance. A hedge against inflation.  To me, the dollar value of gold/silver is meaningless. The only thing I care about is how high my stack is whether it’s worth $3 an ounce or $10,000.

I shouldn’t say the dollar to metals radio is meaningless. It actually means a lot. It’s a barometer of the condition of the economy and country. When times are bad, metals tend to go up. and vice versa. 

17 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

A little surprised to see this sharp drop, but not completely unexpected as it sets a new base.

Eddie

image.png.c71b1f9bb7fd0160c7caab8a1356c816.png

It normally drops at the opening of trading. It's price closely follows oil trends and oil fell 3% this morning.

Then Biden mutters some incoherent nonsense and the price of everything rises..

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

It’s really not very funny 

No but you have a gift. Besides, the sad emoji here looks stupid.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Lmao. I gotta find 100lb of brown gold antlers on Sunday or it’s to the streets for me 

A man can't even make some extra cash growing weed in the Tonto National Forest anymore because there are 27 dispensaries in Mesa.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, JSR said:

A man can't even make some extra cash growing weed in the Tonto National Forest anymore because there are 27 dispensaries in Mesa.

https://youtu.be/t-YYGiwdmbM

So honest question. I can’t get over the spot + pricing on gold and silver.  Something about losing 7-10% of my money instantly from investing it bothers me.  Is there a good way I invest in precious metals?  Best site to buy from that doesn’t screw your on things?  I’m guessing you’ve almost gotta buy it in person to avoid having risky shipping?

30 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

So honest question. I can’t get over the spot + pricing on gold and silver.  Something about losing 7-10% of my money instantly from investing it bothers me.  Is there a good way I invest in precious metals?  Best site to buy from that doesn’t screw your on things?  I’m guessing you’ve almost gotta buy it in person to avoid having risky shipping?

No doubt premiums are high right now since supply is low and everyone is trying to buy some. Premiums aren’t usually this high.  

Guest akaspecials
1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

One alternative is gold miners, but realize that more money is lost on them than is made. In theory, when the price of gold rises, they tend to make a lot of money; they are terrible when gold is not hot though.  I like Barrick Gold. I come in and out in waves the last few years (buy below 20, sell above 23, rinse and repeat, that trend may be over though..). Now is a bad time to be getting in, I've sold 25% of what I had in them a day or two ago and will continue to offload it slowly, or maybe quickly, depending on spot.

Gold miners are not a hedge against inflation though, like owning precious metals would be, they are just a greedy play on metals, and may not be what you are looking for.  

Green gold may be good now, and is where I am putting my gold profits. Those stocks have fallen, as was kinda mentioned by someone else in this thread. MSOS or THCX are diversified in the industry and could return very nice profits when legalization comes. I expect they will go lower, but green gold stocks don't have much more room to fall. Scotts MIracle Gro is a good play there in my opinion too; it's relatively low now.

3 hours ago, yotebuster said:

To minimize the premium, buy 1 oz AGE or AGB's and research premiums as not all sellers have the same %.

Also, I buy on a CC with 2% CB on all purchases.  That made my premium 4.5% for the AGB's I bought last month.

I bought my gold here at libertycoin.com (no affiliation other than a happy customer).  Also, their add'l fee for using a CC is low.  Most add 3-5% when using a CC.

If you have a really good credit score (800+), I have other ways to buy to save some decent money, but I ain't typing it all here.  PM me if interested.

Good luck,

Eddie