pyle762

Found a Couple of Deadheads

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

That's the coolest deadhead story I think I've ever heard.  Very cool finds and those are solid bucks to boot! 

Are you big into spelunking? What other cool stuff have you found?

Thanks! Not really into caving too much. I was up there doing some canyoneering and the cave was a side trip after I stumbled onto it. 

I find cool stuff while canyoning like elk heads but that are always beat up because of the flash floods so not worth hauling out.

As far as the not cool stuff I find in canyons it is usually a dead rotten animal that came in for a drink and couldn't climb out of the pool...dead critter stew that you have to swim through. Anything from coatis to bears. One popular Sedona canyon had 3 dead bears floating in it at one time and you had to swim through the pothole they were in 😖

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Lucky for you the lion wasn't in there with you. Cool finds

• Like 1

I know with sheep, they want the Wildlife Manager to check it out before you take it.  Not sure about deer.  BUT and you imagine an old, crusty WM trying to go down there to see it? NO THANK YOU.  :D

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing.  Cool find!  Glad to see you took safety serious, at least more than I would have done with the helmet and all.  Keep this place secret.  All I see is places getting screwed up because once places like this are known, it’s like a magnet to others.  Just look at what happened in Utah with that metal monument in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

I know with sheep, they want the Wildlife Manager to check it out before you take it.  Not sure about deer.  BUT and you imagine an old, crusty WM trying to go down there to see it? NO THANK YOU.  :D

Ya, that crossed my mind. I figured I would snap some pics of everything just in case because I can't see a squirrel cop rappelling in there and crawling down a mud hole to give his blessing. 

I've never seen a salamander in AZ. I used to catch them by the buckets in NM when I was a kid. Supper cool spot for sure. As much as I would love to explore that area, don't share it! Someone will F it up or it will get closed down because some dumbazz will get hurt doing things he shouldn't be doing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Tub said:

Just saw someone found a nice Ram and they said they called and told them they were ok to keep it over the phone call. Nuts

these racks are awesome nice score

• Like 1

I remember finding a cave that looked just like that about 7 or 8 years ago but I don't remember exactly where but there were a bunch of trees close to it that had a lot of claw marks on them.

For that reason I didn't go down into it but there was some litter that people had thrown into it.

• Like 1

I have to agree this is one of the coolest threads I've seen on here in a long time. Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

I know this doesnt apply to this situation but I had a question.  I found a dead bull the other day out hiking and know it needs to be reported so I called game and fish to report it.  They said if it died naturally that I could keep it but if they determine it was an arrow or a bullet, they keep it.  Unfortunately they found an arrow and said they would keep the head.  What do they do with it is my question?  It was clearly old, no meat, and all the way to the bones on the skull. 

3 hours ago, Riesop said:

I know this doesnt apply to this situation but I had a question.  I found a dead bull the other day out hiking and know it needs to be reported so I called game and fish to report it.  They said if it died naturally that I could keep it but if they determine it was an arrow or a bullet, they keep it.  Unfortunately they found an arrow and said they would keep the head.  What do they do with it is my question?  It was clearly old, no meat, and all the way to the bones on the skull. 

Auction it off.  

• Like 2