firstcoueswas80

Make sure your HVAC is up to speed...

Got mine tuned up a few weeks ago. Glad I know a guy. Both units low and one condenser fan on its way out. 

22 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Got mine tuned up a few weeks ago. Glad I know a guy. Both units low and one condenser fan on its way out. 

Same here. 16-yr old units...replaced one condenser fan and then needed a new capacitor. 

I have a great and honest guy in my church  who does it.  We just fixed 3 units at the church.  He has helped with my house also. If you need someone super honest in Phoenix let me know and I can give you his info.  (I make nothing for suggesting him)  dude is really honest and even was featured on a show where they tried to set up a "sting" operation to see how honest AC guys were.  He was the only one who said nothing was wrong with the unit.  let me know.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Any recommendations for service in the east valley?

I use Mechanicool. They went above and beyond for me in the past. Good guys, check out Yelp reviews. 

• Like 1

You guys realize the refrigeration  system is a closed system? There’s no “ tune up”. If it was working fine last year it should  work fine this year.  Condenser  and  evap fan motors fail when they will, as with capicitors and all other components.  Refrigerant charges may need addition if your system has a leak, otherwise not. You’d a noticed a lack of cold air from your registers if so ..  anyone tells  you your refrigerant Aka Freon  needs changing is a crook. You could replace half your components  prematurely without need listening to some of these guys as most “techs” are now on a commission basis.  Don’t panic and listen to crap adds on the radio .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

You guys realize the refrigeration  system is a closed system? There’s no “ tune up”. If it was working fine last year it should  work fine this year.  Condenser  and  evap fan motors fail when they will, as with capicitors and all other components.  Refrigerant charges may need addition if your system has a leak, otherwise not. You’d a noticed a lack of cold air from your registers if so ..  anyone tells  you your refrigerant Aka Freon  needs changing is a crook. You could replace half your components  prematurely without need listening to some of these guys as most “techs” are now on a commission basis.  Don’t panic and listen to crap adds on the radio .

cleaning coils makes a difference to the longevity of the unit

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Word! Change your filters monthly with a good filter. I live in a heck hole. First five ton unit was a Bryant. Got it used, lasted 18 years. All i ever did was change the return filters. Also have a 3 ton Rheem for the downstairs. Same deal, change the filter monthly, 19 years old. Almost every unit sold regardless of manufacturer from about 2005 to 2015 had coil leaking issue's when they banned R22. They used old coils in new units and they could not stand the higher pressure. you could always spray your condenser coils out with a hose if your concerned. Change your filter regularly and your evaporator coils should stay pristine.

sounds like a good weekend to kill a bear! they have been hammering my tree stands!

• Like 1