firstcoueswas80

Make sure your HVAC is up to speed...

If anyone needs good recommendations or info, I am in the wholesale business of A/C so I know alot of the contractors. 

I can't sell equipment direct, so please don't ask, but if you need something I can get you in touch with a trusted company and work with them and you to help get you a fair deal. 

I represent Daikin products. I am a commercial guy, but I know the residential products as well as the ductless products. 

A service by a good contractor can be a good idea. Changing filters and good maintenance are key to long life. The most important thing about getting a new unit though is a good install. The best unit with a hacked in install  is going to cause heartache. 

During a "tune up"  good contractors can catch things like weak caps, pitted contactors, compressors with high ohms, dirty coils, condenser fans on the way out, etc. All those things can lead to failures at the worst time of year. 

• Like 6

Just had both mine replaced, had quotes for 15k-25k for a 2.5 and 4 Ton. I remembered I had a hunting buddy that installs them and got them both done for 13k for 16 seer units. Man it’s a grip theses days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vowell said:

Just had both mine replaced, had quotes for 15k-25k for a 2.5 and 4 Ton. I remembered I had a hunting buddy and got them both done for 13k for 16 seer units. Man it’s a grip theses days.

Yep. Nothing is cheap about AC, especially if you get with the wrong contractors. They will take you for a ride if you let them and don't do your research. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoss50 said:

Yep. Nothing is cheap about AC, especially if you get with the wrong contractors. They will take you for a ride if you let them and don't do your research. 

You ain’t kidding

I just open the windows F the valley 61 Right now...  I’m so lucky at this point in my life!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone remember PHAZ (Mike) from the old AZBASSZONE days?  He had always done mine when he was still around, now I have a buddy that does them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vowell said:

Just had both mine replaced, had quotes for 15k-25k for a 2.5 and 4 Ton. I remembered I had a hunting buddy that installs them and got them both done for 13k for 16 seer units. Man it’s a grip theses days.

Yikes 

In feb I have 2 4ton 14seer spit system installed for 10k out the door

3 hours ago, oz31p said:

Yikes 

In feb I have 2 4ton 14seer spit system installed for 10k out the door

Unfortunately last February was the good ol days 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IAMMAC said:

Anyone remember PHAZ (Mike) from the old AZBASSZONE days?  He had always done mine when he was still around, now I have a buddy that does them.

He came to my house on a sunday one day and saved my butt....and charged hardly chit..   solid dude

• Like 1

I just replaced both fan motors and a cap and the 2 grills. Got my parts at Repairclinic.com. Great place to get parts for DIY. I did 2 motors 2 grills and a cap for about $750 in parts. Motors were the most expensive thing at about 220$ a piece. But it's the right motor for my unit.

My guy replaced my extremely loud motor with a newer used one for $50. Then came back on the holiday to replace a cap for a glass of water and 1/3 of an elk roast I’d just taken off the smoker. 

3 hours ago, Vowell said:

Unfortunately last February was the good ol days 😂

We have had 2 price increases since February. We only usually get 1 per year. That should tell you something. 

• Wow! 1

20 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

We have had 2 price increases since February. We only usually get 1 per year. That should tell you something. 

dang

2 hours ago, Adicted said:

He came to my house on a sunday one day and saved my butt....and charged hardly chit..   solid dude

Multiple times had had dropped what he was doing when I was deployed to Afghanistan and came over to the house and fixed it no questions asked.

48 minutes ago, oz31p said:

dang

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to get at least 1 or more still this year too. The price of materials like steel, aluminum, copper, etc keep going up. The price of units will follow.