Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Cost of living in Payson

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

You're not far off. Nice place to visit. Message CWT Member Bojangles.

Update: I moved to Young.  

But you wouldn't like it out here.  :)

• Like 3

House is sold! The buyers did a fast close, rate lock was expiring. We parked at a rental for now. Downsized square feet by about 1100SF. It sucks, but it'll help weed out what we need vs what we want. Big gamble to see if the market dips or takes off again. 

We are flirting with the idea of just buying land and going from there. Anyone ever built their own house? 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ctafoya said:

House is sold! The buyers did a fast close, rate lock was expiring. We parked at a rental for now. Downsized square feet by about 1100SF. It sucks, but it'll help weed out what we need vs what we want. Big gamble to see if the market dips or takes off again. 

We are flirting with the idea of just buying land and going from there. Anyone ever built their own house? 

In that process right now ... getting permits and inspections is a PIA

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ctafoya said:

In the process right now, Plans and permits took 7 months thru the county. Breaking ground next week. Lumber prices have dropped 35% from my first quotes. Concrete is still high. Not bad if you have the know how to do it yourself. 

• Like 1

We bought a lot 2-1/2 years ago and built our own

moved in about a year ago lots of work but well worth it 

• Like 1

we framed it, sided it, windows, doors, trim, roofing

subbed out electric, plumbing, insulation, concrete and drywall

• Like 4

That's crazy it takes that long for permits. I'd more then likely be doing most of the work on my own with some help from my father in law. He built his own house as well. 

Still a lot of time to figure it out and see how the real estate market plays out over the next few months. 

5 hours ago, maximus said:

real estate market should be better for buyers with rates going up.

Yeah it is. I made out OK on my sale, but still about 80K less then what I listed it for. 

• Like 1