Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Cost of living in Payson

Tired of the heat, noise, bad neighbors, pollution, etc. Every time I'm in the valley I feel sick. Fever, breathing issues, headache, pressure, exhaustion, and general irritability. This is a problem since I currently live in the valley. I had enough yesterday. Told the wife to get the house sold. I found a house in strawberry we really like. Work isn't an issue. I go to the airport Monday and usually come back early Friday. The hour and a half drive is nothing for me. We are usually headed out of town Fridays anyway so this will actually save us some time getting out of the valley.

For those that live up there now that used to live in the valley, have you noticed a big change in cost of living, utilities, insurance, etc.? The house I'm looking at is more then I'd like to spend, but if I'm saving a on the back end I can justify things a little easier. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Tired of the heat, noise, bad neighbors, pollution, etc. Every time I'm in the valley I feel sick. Fever, breathing issues, headache, pressure, exhaustion, and general irritability. This is a problem since I currently live in the valley. I had enough yesterday. Told the wife to get the house sold. I found a house in strawberry we really like. Work isn't an issue. I go to the airport Monday and usually come back early Friday. The hour and a half drive is nothing for me. We are usually headed out of town Fridays anyway so this will actually save us some time getting out of the valley.

For those that live up there now that used to live in the valley, have you noticed a big change in cost of living, utilities, insurance, etc.? The house I'm looking at is more then I'd like to spend, but if I'm saving a on the back end I can justify things a little easier. 

No insight on the cost of living in Payson but good on you for getting out of this hellhole. I hate it more every day. The older i get the more i realize humans aren’t supposed to live like this. 

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

The biggest cost of living problem has been housing.  I know it has exploded in a lot of places but it seems like it is over the top up here the last few years.  We are surrounded be public land so land is at a premium.  Property taxes seem a little excessive to me but then I talk to all the peeps moving from the coasts and it doesn't seem that bad. 

• Like 3

Here’s my house.  Listed this morning.  We already have an offer.  Best place under 300k.  There a nice place in star valley for 339k that won’t last.  

I have good neighbors, rv parking, a well we’ve never used, lots of news things.

https://www.era.com/property/810-E-Park-Dr-Payson-AZ-85541/1049115/detail

• Like 3

I’m not sure if you’re interested in this or not, but if so let me know.

22 minutes ago, bojangles said:

I’m not sure if you’re interested in this or not, but if so let me know.

I saw that one this morning. Nice place, I really like the ship lap you did. My wife has her heart set on the one we found in Strawberry. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I saw that one this morning. Nice place, I really like the ship lap you did. My wife has her heart set on the one we found in Strawberry. 

Nice!  I hope it works out.  I’d live in strawberry in a second if I got the chance.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Is that a Double Wide on a slab?

Double wide on a block foundation.

Cost of living not to bad , its trying to move around on the weekends, traffic and accidents.. But we would love to have you., Bojangles place will go fast..

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Cost of living not to bad , its trying to move around on the weekends, traffic and accidents.. But we would love to have you., Bojangles place will go fast..

If its better then my $125 monthly water bill and $500 electric bill, I think I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Come on up..

The wheels are in motion and can't be stopped at this point. Pre approval should be done by the end of business tomorrow. 

• Like 3

I guess fire insurance would be another cost I'd have to figure in with all the Richards that don't know how to have a camp fire or not drag chains. 

• Like 1