Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Cost of living in Payson

9 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Where you heading Mr. Jangles?

Just lookin for the next fixer upper.  It’s tricky, they are in short supply now days.  We may have to get a travel trailer, or move in with the parents till we find the next one.  

8 hours ago, Flatlander said:

How can it be the Apache junction of Apache junction?

Strange isnt it, and everybody wants to come up, whats that say about the suck hole down south west. Lol

32 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Strange isnt it, and everybody wants to come up, whats that say about the suck hole down south west. Lol

It’s bad down here. Real bad. I’d trade places in a blink.

• Like 1

I've had a place in Pine for 40 years.... Cost of property has sky rocketed, & It wont get cheaper.

Traffic on the weekends can get insane. but after that...Bliss

5 hours ago, Flatlander said:

It’s bad down here. Real bad. I’d trade places in a blink.

I here you, I got people mad at me because I wont go down to tonto basin until October to hook up a generator..

• Like 1

After getting the leak fixed and remodeling the master bath, things are churning forward again. 

House has been on the market for three weeks. Two open houses and not much action. Dropped it 50K and it's shown 5 times since Wednesday and another open house tomorrow. Hopefully we get under contract by the end of the week.

Been hanging out in Pine the last few weekends checking out houses. I'm ready to get the heck out of the valley    

• Like 1

@ctafoya

Did you end up buying a place up there before?  or are you looking to buy up there once your place sells?

My wife keeps trying to talk me into moving up there. We could make some good money on our house right now, but everything is way over priced in Payson in my opinion. (well it is everywhere really!)

I struggle to think about paying the prices up there now, just to be stuck in something that will never be worth that much again. We have 2 little boys too and I do worry about the education up there. There aren't too many schools to choose from.  Also it seems to me like there are 2 classes up there the rich, and the dirt poor/drug addicts. Anyone that lives up there please correct me if I am wrong on this! 

My wife and I were driving through there last weekend and she made me go look at a place that she wanted to see. It wasn't a very nice place and I believe she told me it sold for just under $500K. 

34 minutes ago, briant_az said:

@ctafoya

Did you end up buying a place up there before?  or are you looking to buy up there once your place sells?

My wife keeps trying to talk me into moving up there. We could make some good money on our house right now, but everything is way over priced in Payson in my opinion. (well it is everywhere really!)

I struggle to think about paying the prices up there now, just to be stuck in something that will never be worth that much again. We have 2 little boys too and I do worry about the education up there. There aren't too many schools to choose from.  Also it seems to me like there are 2 classes up there the rich, and the dirt poor/drug addicts. Anyone that lives up there please correct me if I am wrong on this! 

My wife and I were driving through there last weekend and she made me go look at a place that she wanted to see. It wasn't a very nice place and I believe she told me it sold for just under $500K. 

You're not far off. Nice place to visit. Message CWT Member Bojangles.

Thanks for reviving this thread. I totally missed this with all the name calling the first time around. 😂

Hope you found a good deal up there…

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

You're not far off. Nice place to visit. Message CWT Member Bojangles.

I was gonna say the same thing...

Payson is land locked and a real shitshow on the weekends. We were looking at Payson, decided on Show Low instead. At this point Show low is our 5 year plan. 

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

I was gonna say the same thing...

Payson is land locked and a real shitshow on the weekends. We were looking at Payson, decided on Show Low instead. At this point Show low is our 5 year plan. 

In 5 years Show low will be payson. Already is to a point

9 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

In 5 years Show low will be payson. Already is to a point

Yeah in some ways I agree. At least it's not landlocked though.

Havnt bought anything yet. I have a few in mind in pine. Staying of Payson at the moment. Too crowded and busy. I can deal with how busy it is in pine on the weekends. We looked in the show Low area but with needing to be close to a major airport we have to wait for now. 

Currently sitting at the park down the street drinking a beer while my house shows agian. 

Headed back up in the morning to look at some more houses and to measure the one at the top of the list. 

You are absolutely right to skip Payson and go to Pine. Wish I had done it when I had the chance. 75-80 % of the weekend traffic turns east at Payson and Pine hasn't changed as much as everywhere else.