dertrax

WIFE DREW A UNIT 9 BULL TAG !!!!

85 grainers are available in the Slick-Trick, Wac-em, and Montec G5 broadheads. All should fly well and work if arrow placement is good.

WIFE DREW A UNIT 9 ARCHERY TAG SHE IS SHOOTING 85 GRAIN BROADHEAD ANY ADVICE WHAT SHE CAN USE? :P UNIT 9 ARCHERY

Can I ask why she will use the 85 grain heads? If she moved up to 100 grains she would have tons of choices. Not trying to step on toes, just help. Depending on her set up, 15 grains might no make that much difference, and on elk, a little more weight up front might help as well. Just throwing that out there.

twoguns

WIFE DREW A UNIT 9 ARCHERY TAG SHE IS SHOOTING 85 GRAIN BROADHEAD ANY ADVICE WHAT SHE CAN USE? :P UNIT 9 ARCHERY

Can I ask why she will use the 85 grain heads? If she moved up to 100 grains she would have tons of choices. Not trying to step on toes, just help. Depending on her set up, 15 grains might no make that much difference, and on elk, a little more weight up front might help as well. Just throwing that out there.

twoguns

I have some Seel Force 85 grain heads I'll sell you, I shoot 100 grainers, I live in Chandler. I think I have 3 packs of 3 Sell them for $45.00 If you want them(Unopened).Give me a jingle 480-215-9760-Jeff

My wife also drew that tag AGIAN <_< :rolleyes: this year and she has archery hunted for about 6 years now. We have experimented with several set ups during that time. We have found the best broadhead for her application to be a Thunderhead 85. She shoots Carbon Express Maxima 250's and they are 26" long. Her bow is set at 50#'s and she is shooting right about 260fps. With this setup she has killed 5 animals including a bull in unit 9 in 2006.

We tried Slick Tricks for her and had penetration problems which cost her an animal over in Texas. We found that most of the newer genration short ferreled broadheads hindered penetration. I have shot Thunderheads myself for a long time and have never had a failure. You do have to tune them prior to the hunt which is not that big of a deal. They generally are a little lower priced than most of the newer generation broadheads too.

There are many choices of broadheads out there and for the most part are all good. My only major suggestion is that you stay completly away from mechanicals on elk, definatley if she is shooting a lower poundage bow. Good luck on the hunt. >>>Manny

Manny Matt Mullins told me that your wife drew the tag again Mullins will be taking my wife.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, we will be camped near eachother so I'm sure I'll get to meet ya.>>>Manny

Hey Ruben.....HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH "DERTRAX"? :P Good to see ya on the site and welcome........your wife is gonna shoot a beast ;)

We have found the best broadhead for her application to be a Thunderhead 85.

There are many choices of broadheads out there and for the most part are all good. My only major suggestion is that you stay completly away from mechanicals on elk, definatley if she is shooting a lower poundage bow. Good luck on the hunt. >>>Manny

Great advice, Manny.

Also another vote for the thunderheads here! My wife is shooting them right now and they fly the same as her field pionts and they have like an 1/8" larger cutting diameter than any other 85 gr. head i have looked at... my thought is bigger hole... more blood to follow. ;) The thunderheads are tough... in a pinch you can pick them up after a miss and reuse it. the other day i was meesing with my wife while was shooting and made here miss the broadhead target.... :rolleyes: ... The arrow hit the metal stand and punched a small hole (1/4 inch) in the 3/32 thick metal before bounceing back... :rolleyes: :lol: :o I picked up the arrow and filed a small burr off the tip with my leatherman file and it spin checked just fine! :o ;) Good and tough heads! ;)

+1 for magnus stingers outta a light poundage setup, my girlfriend and mom both shoot'em

• Like 1

Another vote for the Magnus Stingers! Those broadheads can be easily resharpened, are tough as heck, shoot right with field points, penetrate like nobody's business, and best of all LIFETIME GUARANTEE!

Nick