Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

WMAT Closures June 10, 2021

I read this on a FB page.  (Of course, finding anything on the WMAT web page is pointless)

"The White Mountain Apache reservation is going into stage 2 fire restrictions starting on Thursday, June 10th. This means that they are closing all of their remote waters. This includes Christmas Tree Lake, Reservation and everything past it, including Drift Fence, Pacheta and all the small streams back there.

It is my understanding that Hawley, Earl Park, Big Bear/ Little Bear, Bog Tank, Horseshoe, A1, Sunrise, Upper Log, Lower Log and Ditchcamp will remain open.
This information is just coming out and there could be more closures than what is listed. We will know more in the next day or two."
  • Wow! 1

Yes, getting info from WMAT can be tough.  Thanks for posting, Doug.  I think your info about Hawley and the other more accessible waters is accurate.   

I was part of a big group of guys that had reserved all of the permits for Christmas Tree this Saturday.  We're of course now going to plan 'B'.  

S.

Anyone know if you’ll still be able to access the black river from the SCAT side?  We had a trip planned from Father’s Day weekend. 

12 minutes ago, AZ RANGER said:

Anyone know if you’ll still be able to access the black river from the SCAT side?  We had a trip planned from Father’s Day weekend. 

Haven't heard anything regarding the SCAT.   Honestly, given the fires up in that area, I would be a little surprised if they didn't close it already or VERY soon.

Maybe Dan will chime-in with info?

• Like 1

San Carlos will look to do the same very soon with potentially some places open like Talkalai and Seneca.

Some of our tanks in the high country have already gone dry and we've been hauling water to temporary troughs in dry areas.

DAN

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Apache7mm said:

San Carlos will look to do the same very soon with potentially some places open like Talkalai and Seneca.

Some of our tanks in the high country have already gone dry and we've been hauling water to temporary troughs in dry areas.

DAN

Thanks Dan 

I had Christmas tree for next Wednesday guess will hit Hawley.,

So it is true, gonna hit Hawley instead next Wednesday pray for rain.

Just talked to Apache-Sitgreaves forest office in Springerville.   They are going to Stage 2 tomorrow.

No surprise!

S.