Sign in to follow this  
Flingingarrowsbro

Dehydrated food

1 hour ago, Flingingarrowsbro said:

I am going on a backpack trip middle of July. I usually buy meals from Heathers Choice. She is pretty much sold out. What are other good options. Please don't say MRE or Mountain House

I was just at REI in Chandler...they have several Heather's Choice meals, along with MH, Backpackers Pantry, Refuel...

• Like 1

I like alpineaire brand, less sodium 

• Like 1

Not positive it was MH ,but had a gallon size of lasagna with meat. Sat up north at property trailer 10 yrs .  In a shed 5 yrs. In out travel trailer 2. We just opened it last month. Surprised that it wasn't only edible but actually tastey! Finished it , no problem.

• Wow! 1

I've had Ready Wise, MH and Peak refuel. Ready wise is ok. Peak refuel has more calories, less sodium and more protein than MH. But MH does taste the best IMHO.

High sodium is actually a good thing when hunting and hiking up and down mountains. Helps fight dehydration.  Added bonus!  Not for everyday consumption of course. There is a reason there is sodium in Gatorade. 

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Do not buy readywise. Tastes like shoot compared to MH 

And clog you 10x worse than a MRE 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MH has Pro Pack meals. I just discovered this when shopping at REI. They are twice the protein. 

• Like 1