ThomC

Friday in Payson Trail Cameras

12 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Nope. If you killed that wolf and you had a picture of it, I can promise you under this possible rule, you'd be charged with using a camera to aid in the take of wildlife. Along with a bunch of federal stuff

12 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

if I take a picture of a wolf. Did I take it?

According to 654321, yes because the definition of take is to pursue. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Well if you go back to the proposed rule,  it says "to aid in the take". By game and fish definition that would include pursuit. So it could be translated as "aid in the pursuit". Its a stretch in my mind too but that's what the regs say. 

Screenshot_20210611-072211_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I still think it will be a tough rule to prosecute because of evidence and the workload WM's already have. But regardless of what I think, they're likely to push it through and it will become reality. Everyone will have to decide how far they will push the envelope. I for one won't be taking any chances. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.

8 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Come on, real hunters don't need Camara's

or 15x binoculars...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, huntlines said:

so If you see a big bull on side of road and you take a pic with your iPhone you could be charged with illegal take and road hunting... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

so If you see a big bull on side of road and you take a pic with your iPhone you could be charged with illegal take and road hunting... 

So ... whatcha you gonna do after you purse that dang bull and catch it?  Oh wait, we're not talking moo cows!  Never mind !!!

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

Exactly my point. So let’s say the next day you kill said bull you took a picture from your truck the day before. You post picture of said bull on a social media site and G&F show up at your door to cite you. Kinda a stretch but seems people here think it’s going to happen. This is what we have come to?

1 guide for and 1 guide against. 

As a guide I will fully admit that I guide for personal financial gain. It's how I make a living. It's the same for any guide or outfitter. You have to ask yourself why an outfitter... a very good one at that... would be for the ban. I'll answer that question... because they stand to financially gain from a ban. I believe it's because they know that it will tip the odds of killing big animals further in their favor. 

What I also find interesting is that the Humane Society of America has decided to jump in and oppose cams. I pray I never ever find myself on the ae side of ANY issue as those kooks. 

• Like 3