ThomC

Friday in Payson Trail Cameras

If they could have been persuaded by the comments today, why were the long-winded comments as they voted? They were done making up their minds before this meeting.

• Like 1

Just now, dusty said:

If they could have been persuaded by the comments today, why were the long-winded comments as they voted? They were done making up their minds before this meeting.

Yup, they read from prepared documents. All you who drove up there or called in waisted your time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertguide said:

I personally know about half the guys that got up and spoke. A couple of them were complete idiots with their comments. 

Agree. I also thought some of the commissioners preaching before their vote was idiotic.

• Like 1

All out ban, or just a ban for hunting? 

2 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

All out ban, or just a ban for hunting? 

That’s just it, they can only ban them for pursuing wildlife. So now you will still have guys out there with no hunting license running cameras. It’s not going to stop it

As predicted the commission had their minds made up so obviously sportsmen and sportswomen comments were disregarded.  The commission voted with the people who didnt comment and dont hunt.  The vote is in and your vote didnt count.  Ammo will be next I predict.

This is going to be difficult to enforce. Say I have a license and tag and set up a cam. No proof I'm using to aid in taking game. Maybe I like to see bears, but have a deer tag, or visa versa. Stupid. 

We are slowly being absorbed by California. 

• Like 1

The comments by the comminissioners actually proved just how biased they were towards their agenda of banning cameras.  The G&F spent hours trying to justify what they wanted at the very start.

7 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

This is going to be difficult to enforce. Say I have a license and tag and set up a cam. No proof I'm using to aid in taking game. Maybe I like to see bears, but have a deer tag, or visa versa. Stupid. 

I think anyone with a hunting license better be very careful running cameras at all. Especially if it's a unit you have a tag for. As a guide I won't run a camera for ANY reason. It'll put a huge target on my back that I do not want. As a matter of fact, I have 4 cheapies that are coming out of the shed and going in the trash this weekend. I want nothing to do with them 

• Like 1