huntlines

G&F commission voted unanimously to ban trail cams

4 hours ago, creed said:

One other thing......many cattle ranches have huge chunks of state trust land. That is not public land as a lot of guys think it is.

Sorry for getting off topic. I think the trail camera issue is absurd and unenforceable.  There should have been an outright ban or a season.

huh? Cattle ranches own state trust land?

1 minute ago, CouesFanatic said:

huh? Cattle ranches own state trust land?

Didn't say that. It is leased. And it is not public unless the laws have changed recently.

54 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

1 st obvious your a guide, and how many deer did the rancher get for himself? Or not.

I don't know what me being a guide has to do with anything. I was running people off their farm before I was a guide. 

And what does it matter how many deer he or anyone that wasn't trespassing killed? The fact of the matter he... and I for that matter... have ZERO interest in killing farm deer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, creed said:

Didn't say that. It is leased. And it is not public unless the laws have changed recently.

A rancher can gave grazing rights just as I can have hunting rights with my hunting license.Doesn't mean they have any say on anything. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, creed said:

What does that mean? If they are on private property and he denies public access yet allows family or friends to hunt them what is that to anyone. Its not like it's high fence.

The 40 deer Desertguide is talking about is likely tied into a poaching ring in Harquahala Valley some years ago when the produce farming was at it's peak. There was a couple of guys that were commercially selling venison for a portion of what those farm workers could buy beef.  They took a heavy toll on the deer  herds before they were stopped.

That's the instance I was referring to. Back in 2015 they killed another 20 or so down on the south end of the valley. That's only part of it. They've had gates ripped down, signs shot... you name it. One time I tried to run his dad off... lol. He said "you were coming to run me off weren't you?" I said "yes sir". He said "good job!!". 

Sorry to get off track but here's some more info on State Trust Land

Lands leased for agriculture, mining, or military use are not open for recreational use and are usually marked with a sign. Motorized access is granted as long as you don’t stop. Access may be closed altogether.

Lots of info here. I think most of us are in some type of violation at some time

https://www.azbackroads.com/information/the-facts-about-the-arizona-state-trust-land-permit/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, creed said:

Sorry to get off track but here's some more info on State Trust Land

Lands leased for agriculture, mining, or military use are not open for recreational use and are usually marked with a sign. Motorized access is granted as long as you don’t stop. Access may be closed altogether.

Lots of info here. I think most of us are in some type of violation at some time

https://www.azbackroads.com/information/the-facts-about-the-arizona-state-trust-land-permit/

Your hunting or fishing license is your recreational permit. Just have a weapon in your vehicle and tell them you're rabbit hunting since rabbit season is 365 days a year. Problem solved.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Your hunting or fishing license is your recreational permit. Just have a weapon in your vehicle and tell them you're rabbit hunting since rabbit season is 365 days a year. Problem solved.

Same as trail cameras.......wildllife watcher, problem solved

5 hours ago, creed said:

One other thing......many cattle ranches have huge chunks of state trust land. That is not public land as a lot of guys think it is.

Sorry for getting off topic. I think the trail camera issue is absurd and unenforceable.  There should have been an outright ban or a season.

The problem with a season which I think the department realized is that if doesnt fit with their reasoning of fair chase. Because the season they had listed (Feb 1st to Jun 30th) would be around when spring bear, turkey and javelina seasons were around. So why would fair chase only apply with certain animals. Definitely would make it easier for people to fight against the ban in court which I believe the commissioners realized. 

But this ban is unenforceable. Hope they find something that can work better

• Like 1

Can we lock this garbage butt thread so it doesn’t pop up under new posts anymore?  I mean, I know it’s the only thread that’s alive outside the classifieds but this is pure shoot 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Can we lock this garbage butt thread so it doesn’t pop up under new posts anymore?  I mean, I know it’s the only thread that’s alive outside the classifieds but this is pure shoot 

And, trail cams are not banned!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

And, trail cams are not banned!

I don’t give dang either way. I don’t follow many laws anyway. But this thread is about all kinds of random chit and it’s basically a chat between 2 posters 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Pretty soon we will have hate threads on G&F not charging cards and the port hole

• Like 2