huntlines

G&F commission voted unanimously to ban trail cams

24 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I don’t give dang either way. I don’t follow many laws anyway. But this thread is about all kinds of random chit and it’s basically a chat between 2 posters 

Isn't that how most threads on this board go? Or turn into a pissing match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Pretty soon we will have hate threads on G&F not charging cards and the port hole

And now we're back to "port hole"! 😊

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, creed said:

Isn't that how most threads on this board go? Or turn into a pissing match.

If this was on topic and an actual pissing match I’d be all for it. 

3 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

And, trail cams are not banned!

They aren’t banned, but good luck trying to keep one on water. I think hunters with the same tag you draw will do a good job cleaning out any trail cams left behind. We all know trail cams are used to find game, with the hope of harvesting that animal during their hunt. With this rule in effect do you think a hunter who draws a tag is going to let guides set all their trail cams at all water sources just because they now claim to be a wildlife watcher? Nope I don’t think so...LOL! All it’s going to take is a couple $40 cordless metal cutting angle grinders to solve any so called wildlife watchers. The AZGFD knows they won’t have to control this issue going forward, hunters will be doing 99% of it for them. Great win for all hunters, not so much for all that relied on trail cams to do their scouting for them. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

They aren’t banned, but good luck trying to keep one on water. I think hunters with the same tag you draw will do a good job cleaning out any trail cams left behind. We all know trail cams are used to find game, with the hope of harvesting that animal during their hunt. With this rule in effect do you think a hunter who draws a tag is going to let guides set all their trail cams at all water sources just because they now claim to be a wildlife watcher? Nope I don’t think so...LOL! All it’s going to take is a couple $40 cordless metal cutting angle grinders to solve any so called wildlife watchers. The AZGFD knows they won’t have to control this issue going forward, hunters will be doing 99% of it for them. Great win for all hunters, not so much for all that relied on trail cams to do their scouting for them. 

just be careful of whose cam you take or smash... there are easily 4000 law enforcement cameras out in AZ right now. it won't be funny when you get caught stealing or vandalizing government property.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

You wont need your cordless grinder to cut my nylon strap.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Nearly everything you said here is BS. They cater to guides... lol. They love guides so much they banned trailcams because of guides. 

Coming from a guide. 

3 hours ago, AZ Free Man said:

Creed is definitely correct, there are certain state leases where access is closed (whether you have a hunting license or not).

Posting and Access to State Land A. For the purpose of this Section: “Corrals,” “feed lots,” or “holding pens” mean completely fenced areas used to contain livestock for purposes other than grazing. “Existing road” means any maintained or unmaintained road, way, highway, trail, or path that has been used for motorized vehicular travel, and clearly shows or has a history of established vehicle use, and is not currently closed by the Commission. “State lands” means all land owned or held in trust by the state that is managed by the State Land Department and lands that are owned or managed by the Game and Fish Commission. B. In addition to the prohibition against posting proscribed under A.R.S. § 17-304, a person shall not lock a gate, construct a fence, place an obstacle, or otherwise commit an act that denies legally available access to or use of any existing road upon state lands by persons lawfully taking or retrieving wildlife or conducting any activities that are within the scope of and take place while lawfully hunting or fishing. 1. A person in violation of this Section shall take immediate corrective action to remove any lock, fence, or other obstacle unlawfully preventing access to state lands. 2. If immediate corrective action is not taken, a representative of the Department may remove any unlawful posting and remove any lock, fence, or other obstacle that unlawfully prevents access to state lands. 3. In addition, the Department may take appropriate legal action to recover expenses incurred in the removal of any unlawful posting or obstacle that prevented access to state land. C. The provisions of this Section do not allow any person to trespass upon private land to gain access to any state land. D. A person may post state lands as closed to hunting, fishing, or trapping without further action by the Commission when the state land is within one-quarter mile of any: 1. Occupied residence, cabin, lodge, or other building; or 2. Corrals, feed lots, or holding pens containing concentrations of livestock other than for grazing purposes. 3. Subsection (D) does not authorize any person to deny lawful access to state land in any way. E. The Commission may grant permission to lock, tear down, or remove a gate or close a road or trail that provides legally available access to state lands for persons lawfully taking wildlife or conducting any activities that are within the scope of and take place while lawfully hunting or fishing if access to such lands is provided by a reasonable alternate route. 1. Under R12-4-610, the Director may grant a permit to a state land lessee to temporarily lock a gate or close an existing road that provides access to state lands if the taking of wildlife will cause unreasonable interference during a critical livestock or commercial operation. This permit shall not exceed 30 days. 2. Applications for permits for more than 30 days shall be submitted to the Commission for approval. 3. If a permit is issued to temporarily close a road or gate, a copy of the permit shall be posted at the point of the closure during the period of the closure. F. A person may post state lands other than those referenced under subsection (D) as closed to hunting, fishing, or trapping, provided the person has obtained a permit from the Commission authorizing the closure. A person possessing a permit authorizing the closure of state lands shall post signs in compliance with A.R.S. 17-304(C). The Commission may permit the closure of state land when it is necessary: 1. Because the taking of wildlife constitutes an unusual hazard to permitted users; 2. To prevent unreasonable destruction of plant life or habitat; or 3. For proper resource conservation, use, or protection, including but not limited to high fire danger, excessive interference with mineral development, developed agricultural land, or timber or livestock operations. G. A person shall submit an application for posting state land to prohibit hunting, fishing, or trapping under subsection (F), or to close an existing road under subsection (E), as required under R12-4-610. If an application to close state land to hunting, fishing, or trapping is made by a person other than the state land lessee, the Department shall provide notice to the lessee and the State Land Commissioner before the Commission considers the application. The state land lessee or the State Land Commissioner shall file any objections with the Department, in writing, within 30 days after receipt of notice, after which the matter shall be submitted to the Commission for determination. H. A person may use a vehicle on or off a road to pick up lawfully taken big game. I. The closing of state land to hunting, fishing, or trapping shall not restrict any other permitted use of the land. J. State trust land may be posted with signs that read “State Land No Trespassing,” but such posting shall not prohibit access to such land by any person lawfully taking or retrieving wildlife or conducting any activities that are within the scope of and take place while lawfully hunting or fishing. K. When hunting, fishing, or trapping on state land, a license holder shall not: 1. Break or remove any lock or cut any fence to gain access to state land; 2. Open and not immediately close a gate; 3. Intentionally or wantonly destroy, deface, injure, remove, or disturb any building, sign, equipment, marker, or other property; 4. Harvest or remove any vegetative or mineral resources or object of archaeological, historic, or scientific interest; 5. Appropriate, mutilate, deface, or destroy any natural feature, object of natural beauty, antiquity, or other public or private property; 6. Dig, remove, or destroy any tree or shrub; 7. Gather or collect renewable or non-renewable resources for the purpose of sale or barter unless specifically permitted or authorized by law; 8. Frighten or chase domestic livestock or wildlife, or endanger the lives or safety of others when using a motorized vehicle or other means; or 9. Operate a motor vehicle off road or on any road closed to the public by the Commission or landowner, except to retrieve a lawfully taken big game

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, AZLance said:

just be careful of whose cam you take or smash... there are easily 4000 law enforcement cameras out in AZ right now. it won't be funny when you get caught stealing or vandalizing government property.

It won’t be me smashing your trail cam, it’s going to be whoever draws the same tag as you! Good luck! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Coming from a guide. 

Guys like you crack me up. You talk out both sides of your face. "They banned trailcams because of guides".... "they cater to guides".  Which is it? Then when you get called out on nearly everything you said you back peddle. "They took my trailcams away. How am I gonna hunt now?" Have fun next year...lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

It won’t be me smashing your trail cam, it’s going to be whoever draws the same tag as you! Good luck! 

law enforcement doesn't draw tags for their game

• Haha 1