huntlines

G&F commission voted unanimously to ban trail cams

3 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Guys like you crack me up. You talk out both sides of your face. "They banned trailcams because of guides".... "they cater to guides".  Which is it? Then when you get called out on nearly everything you said you back peddle. "They took my trailcams away. How am I gonna hunt now?" Have fun next year...lol

Are you reducing your fees next year due to lack of photographic evidence of anything worth killing through your services? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Explorer said:

Are you reducing your fees next year due to lack of photographic evidence of anything worth killing through your services? 

I don't use trailcams. Haven't in 3 years. Might use a few this year since it's the last year.  I own 4 and they're in my shed. I can actually find deer with my own 2 eyes and take pictures of them in person. Novel idea huh? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 654321 said:

Your hunting or fishing license is your recreational permit. Just have a weapon in your vehicle and tell them you're rabbit hunting since rabbit season is 365 days a year. Problem solved.

Please correct me I'm often wrong relying on memory....but your hunting license grants you access hunting on state land but not camping. So if you want to spend the night, now you'll need the state permit?

On 6/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, AZtroutman said:

$50,000 of everyone's money gonna be wasted because Josiah Scott is nuts. Eric English is loving it though. 

Your way behind the times! Lol. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 7:51 AM, creed said:

One other thing......many cattle ranches have huge chunks of state trust land. That is not public land as a lot of guys think it is.

Sorry for getting off topic. I think the trail camera issue is absurd and unenforceable.  There should have been an outright ban or a season.

There is an outright ban but its only tied to aid and take. So you and your  buddies that hunt can still put up cameras just cant share or kill the animal you find on camera forever! Dumbest thing I ever heard. 

The non hunting public can run trail cams all yearlong !  Wonder if they will share their pics on social media? Dont kill an animal they post or you could  be cited and they could be cited also. 

There is so many unintended consequences to this ban. They could have done much better

But when its an agenda driven ban by Chairman Commissioner Davis nobody thought it  through. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

They aren’t banned, but good luck trying to keep one on water. I think hunters with the same tag you draw will do a good job cleaning out any trail cams left behind. We all know trail cams are used to find game, with the hope of harvesting that animal during their hunt. With this rule in effect do you think a hunter who draws a tag is going to let guides set all their trail cams at all water sources just because they now claim to be a wildlife watcher? Nope I don’t think so...LOL! All it’s going to take is a couple $40 cordless metal cutting angle grinders to solve any so called wildlife watchers. The AZGFD knows they won’t have to control this issue going forward, hunters will be doing 99% of it for them. Great win for all hunters, not so much for all that relied on trail cams to do their scouting for them. 

You are correct the commission has given the public a license to steal! But I guess there will be a lot more prosecutions of theft by the sheriffs dept. 

How are they gonna prove that a person is targeting a certain bull until that bull is dead and if you didnt kill it then they have to connect the dots to prove whether you were involved with the aid or take of that animal. 

Its an unenforceable rule based up on THE LIE! 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

As a lot of G&F rules are.  More rules creates more people who will mistakenly or on purpose break them.   Ill-conceived rules = unintended consequences.  Usually the bad rule is ignored.

Ps Happy Fathers Day!  😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Desertguide said:

I don't use trailcams. Haven't in 3 years. Might use a few this year since it's the last year.  I own 4 and they're in my shed. I can actually find deer with my own 2 eyes and take pictures of them in person. Novel idea huh? 

You use them or you don't, what is it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirRoyal said:

You are correct the commission has given the public a license to steal! But I guess there will be a lot more prosecutions of theft by the sheriffs dept. 

How are they gonna prove that a person is targeting a certain bull until that bull is dead and if you didnt kill it then they have to connect the dots to prove whether you were involved with the aid or take of that animal. 

Most reasonable people know that the above highlighted statement is not true,  so wouldnt that make you a liar as well?

1 hour ago, SirRoyal said:

There is an outright ban but its only tied to aid and take. So you and your  buddies that hunt can still put up cameras just cant share or kill the animal you find on camera forever! Dumbest thing I ever heard. 

The non hunting public can run trail cams all yearlong !  Wonder if they will share their pics on social media? Dont kill an animal they post or you could  be cited and they could be cited also. 

There is so many unintended consequences to this ban. They could have done much better

But when its an agenda driven ban by Chairman Commissioner Davis nobody thought it  through. 

Your a Drama queen dude

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

You use them or you don't, what is it ?

What is your deal? I just said in the last post that I haven't used them in 3 years. Even when I did it was sparing and I've never killed an animal that was on camera. This being the last year, I thought I might pull mine out of the shed one last time. I don't have some aversion to using them. Just haven't needed them. What do you care if I do or don't? 

Time to shut this down.  

• Like 5

Thankyou, who cares, learned to hunt. Move on.  Think of all the classified  your missing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertguide said:

What is your deal? I just said in the last post that I haven't used them in 3 years. Even when I did it was sparing and I've never killed an animal that was on camera. This being the last year, I thought I might pull mine out of the shed one last time. I don't have some aversion to using them. Just haven't needed them. What do you care if I do or don't? 

No deal, no skin in the game. I guess I asked because your none stop. Its over. Do you think the commission gives a Damm what we think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

No deal, no skin in the game. I guess I asked because your none stop. Its over. Do you think the commission gives a Damm what we think.

He has made it clear several times he doesnt care one way or the other. All I've seen is him responding to other comments to either clarify or explain something. Plenty of others continuing useless comments that have run this thread into the ground. Time to start something new. Should be close to complaining time about the draw so let's start one on that. 

• Like 3