Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Wyoming Draw and Hunter safety card

Hey my wife got drawn for Wyoming.  I jumped on line to sign her up for the field day.  Is anyone up to date with this information?   Can she just do the online course and will Wyoming allow this?  I do have my card and I will be with her.  I sent Game and fish to see whats up?

I’m not sure Wyoming will allow a online certification.  I know you want the hunters safety done in AZ to get the perminate bonus point which you can still do when they allow you into a class.  Another option is to jump online to take the hunters safety course online in Texas.   They don’t require you by law to shoot so you can be fully hunters safety qualified for Wyoming and then take the AZ field day later when allowed and get the bonus point.

Yeah thanks!  Im looking at Idaho to get the card.  They are allowing it because of Covid.  I called AZ G&F and they said they have no idea whats going on or future plans.  Right now I just need a card to get the mrs to wyoming.  I called Wyoming and they said they don't care as long as you have a paper for a certification or a card

• Like 1

My body forgot his acouple years back, they just took his name and checked with azgfd never herd anything else, the five times I've been up there I've never was asked for it, but it is required..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

My body forgot his acouple years back, they just took his name and checked with azgfd never herd anything else, the five times I've been up there I've never was asked for it, but it is required..

Yeah worst case take a pic of it and store it on the phone.  Plus going in the middle of the hunt on a week day Im sure I won't see anyone.  My last Wyoming hunt was like that.  The only people I saw were ranchers and not one hunter.  Weather was a factor

• Like 1

Print out her proof of completion of the AZ Online Hunter Education Course and have her carry it on her person while hunting in Wyoming. There are very limited opportunities for adults to complete Field Day activities at this time as all active hunter ed teams in the state that are conducting field days are working to move the 2200 backlogged youths through the system (by AZGFD mandate) before addressing the backlog of adults. If there are open slots in a Field Day event after they have been offered to backlogged youths, those spots can go to adults.