Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

New federal holiday

I figured there would already be chatter on here about the new federal holiday Biden just signed into law. We just got notified that our offices will be closed tomorrow, but I have so much going on with my projects it will be just another Friday for me. Maybe I can get caught up on some things if they cancel all the meetings that should have been emails. LoL

I’m not a government employee so it doesn’t impact my work schedule. But I think it’s an important moment in US history that should be remembered and celebrated. My hope is that the celebration for this event can be more reverent than the free-day-off work spirit surrounding days to remember those who have served our country.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I’m not a government employee so it doesn’t impact my work schedule. But I think it’s an important moment in US history that should be remembered and celebrated. My hope is that the celebration for this event can be more reverent than the free-day-off work spirit surrounding days to remember those who have served our country.

I agree on all counts. Is any day of remembrance/observance/celebration given its due reverence and recognition anymore?

• Like 2

June 19th been around a long time

Will the Republican president that made it so or the hundreds of thousands that died to make it happen be credited? Doubtful. Just more pandering from a race baiting Biden.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

This is kinda ironic,

Once again Whitey wins, everyone that works a federal/state  job gets a paid day off.

then you have a state or school back east that is canceling all holidya and renaming them to " A day off"

1 hour ago, 520HUNT said:

3 day weekend!

If your a government worker, it should replace Christmas save me some money, dang grand kids..,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

= a paid day fishing

Considering what our BP and LEOs are being subjected to, you richly deserve that and so much more.

• Like 6