codyhuntsaz

WTB Small .22 rifle

Just an FYI for some of the newer members...on this site for many, many years when a person started a thread seeking a particular item for sale they've always been given the 1st right of refusal on any response to their thread...it's a very simple, respectful way of doing business that has long been practiced on this site...I doubt that I'm the only one who doesn't want to see that way of doing business on this site changed.......

• Like 5

I think we have come across a new way to advertise and sell.  Crazymonkey: let me know what else you are wanting to sell and I will put up an ad asking about it.  Then reply after a couple of suggestions and watch the feeding frenzy occur.  :D  Of course I will take 10%.  

The CZ (and Savage and Henry) is in a whole different league compared to the cricket.  Lack of response of a day may have led to the confusion on this one.  Those less expensive CZ are no longer made and  don't come around very often.  This one is much more expensive that the cricket, though.  I contacted him immediately and got an immediate response but the geographical problem played in.  I also recommended the requestor jump on it, as you see.  Perhaps the original requestor does not live on the computer -- where are your priorites???  ;) 

Since there are no written protocols about this:  what kind of response time do you all feel is appropriate?  Wait a day, a week, a month?  Obviously, Crazymonkey feels bad about this so don't feel that ragging on him is appropriate.  I have had things sold out from underneath me on this site before, but when there are unwritten rules that not everyone knows, what do you expect?  The rule I have trouble with is Phx people selling things that only Tucson people are interested in.  WHY???

Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from .hopefully there is no more confusion by all responding parties and no hard feelings .as you put it new to the site and didn't know there was a standard procedure .but will do what I can to help out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

I think we have come across a new way to advertise and sell.  Crazymonkey: let me know what else you are wanting to sell and I will put up an ad asking about it.  Then reply after a couple of suggestions and watch the feeding frenzy occur.  :D  Of course I will take 10%.  

The CZ (and Savage and Henry) is in a whole different league compared to the cricket.  Lack of response of a day may have led to the confusion on this one.  Those less expensive CZ are no longer made and  don't come around very often.  This one is much more expensive that the cricket, though.  I contacted him immediately and got an immediate response but the geographical problem played in.  I also recommended the requestor jump on it, as you see.  Perhaps the original requestor does not live on the computer -- where are your priorites???  ;) 

Since there are no written protocols about this:  what kind of response time do you all feel is appropriate?  Wait a day, a week, a month?  Obviously, Crazymonkey feels bad about this so don't feel that ragging on him is appropriate.  I have had things sold out from underneath me on this site before, but when there are unwritten rules that not everyone knows, what do you expect?  The rule I have trouble with is Phx people selling things that only Tucson people are interested in.  WHY???

27 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from .hopefully there is no more confusion by all responding parties and no hard feelings .as you put it new to the site and didn't know there was a standard procedure .but will do what I can to help out

No hard feeling on my end. Would have liked the first right of refusal, but it is what it is, no biggie. 

Pretty simple, if the member with the CZ PM’d the person posting the WTB ad, then this wouldn’t happen. If OP didn’t respond in a timely fashion and member w/CZ decided he wanted to sell he could have posted a WTS ad...

• Like 2

I'm new to this and I don't quite know how the site works yet .tho I've gotten pm. I still don't know how to send any there are no clear instructions for this and if I could get some direction on how this works the mistake would not have been made I'm all about getting kids in the woods and help on kids hunts where I can I just don't know how all the stuff works on the site yet .my mistake so if some one can explain I assure you it won't happen again thanks

10 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

I'm new to this and I don't quite know how the site works yet .tho I've gotten pm. I still don't know how to send any there are no clear instructions for this and if I could get some direction on how this works the mistake would not have been made I'm all about getting kids in the woods and help on kids hunts where I can I just don't know how all the stuff works on the site yet .my mistake so if some one can explain I assure you it won't happen again thanks

It’s easy….click on the members name, when the next screen pops up there will be a tab with an envelope on it. Click on that and fill it out just like an email. It will then send the message to that persons email. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

It’s easy….click on the members name, when the next screen pops up there will be a tab with an envelope on it. Click on that and fill it out just like an email. It will then send the message to that persons email. Hope that helps. 

Did you see the post from youngdon above? Looks like he pm'd you with a generous offer. 

People here are trying to help you. 

33 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

Did you see the post from youngdon above? Looks like he pm'd you with a generous offer. 

People here are trying to help you. 

I did see it, we spoke through PM’s the one he has is a full size rifle and I think would be to big for her to handle. It was a very generous offer, but I don’t want to take a rifle just to take one. 

• Like 5